You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We're sorry - Something went wrong during registration and sign-in!!!

Hi,

Today I have just paid for Affinity Photo and am looking forward to using it after reading many geat reviews.

But ... something is going wrong when I first open the Photo progam and put in the Key and also when  I try to register the software. I get a message "We're sorry - Something went wrong during registration and sign-in", and "Timeout while waiting for registration service ready notification".

Please could you kindly fix this for me so I can start enjoying using the Affinity Photo software.

... Not a great start, but I'm sure it will get better with your help.

Kind regards,

Steve

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Steve from Cornwall. Your question would be more appropriate in the desktop questions part of the forum, and I'm sure a Moderator will move it shortly. 

First, what OS do you use, and where did you purchase the application? That will in part determine how we help you.

Next, that Registration is optional, and you can start enjoying the application without it. All it will do for you right now is give you access to a few free offerings from the Affinity Store, but all the basic application functionality works fine without that Registration.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Walt.farrell - " All it will do for you right now is give you access to a few free offerings from the Affinity Store" was your quote.

Walt, It's the principal of the whole thing.  The company offered us Free programs or apps and that is what we are not receiving.  Let alone not being able to register the product.  Ummmm?  I just purchased the Affinity and it's not starting out good.  I'm the type of person who would rather refund than deal with the headache all together. but I'm not.  Am I not in Desktop Questions?  At the top of this page it states: By Steve from Cornwall,
Friday at 02:12 PM in Affinity on Desktop Question.  So what do I Do now?  If you can, Please y help me out.  Thank you in advance, Rikk  

6 hours ago, Jimmie R Sellers said:

Great!

@Jimmie R Sellers

It's unclear if you have resolved your problem or not. Have you tried the workaround suggested in the post above by Leigh (pointed to by Ali)?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

48 minutes ago, Jimmie R Sellers said:

No

No, you have not tried it? 

Or, you tried it, but no, it did not resolve the problem?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

2 hours ago, StevChe said:

Same problem for me. Cannot register.

Does the procedure in the referenced FAQ not solve this?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

we're not getting anywhere with this.  instead of helping us out, you ask questions about whether or not we tried something someone else mentioned in this forum years ago to try and repair it.  The FAQ states that it has been an ongoing problem and Affinity has their people working on the issue.  So I'm asking again, can someone who knows what's going on possibly help us out?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Jimmie R Sellers said:

So I'm asking again, can someone who knows what's going on possibly help us out? 

It should be reasonably clear from the FAQ posted less than 10 days ago that neither the staff nor any users as yet know for certain what is causing this issue, so the only thing anyone can do is suggest things that might work, & has for many but apparently not all users seeing the 'we're sorry' message.

Also please keep in mind that there is no way for anyone to know what you have tried unless you tell us that, so one word replies like "great" or "no" without any context (like a quote indication what specifically you are replying to) are not going to get anyone anywhere, other than to waste everyone's time by asking for clarification.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Jimmie R Sellers said:

No it does not.

Did you also tried out to run/open the Affinity app as admin with administrator privileges?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 hour ago, Jimmie R Sellers said:

No it does not.

What Affinity application are you trying to register, on which OS, and where did you purchase it?

If you're on Windows, the problem is listed as being fixed in 1.10.5 that was released yesterday.

-- Walt
PC: