You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affiity Publisher: Help with PDF layout for Amazon

First of all, greetings to everyone:

Excuse my English, I know it's not very good, but I hope I can explain my problem.

I am trying to publish a book in PDF format on Amazon KDP.

I have the book written and laid out in Publisher, with the following settings for page size and margins. It is a book that only contains text, it does not contain images.

My problem is that if I create the PDF file using Word, KDP parses and loads it correctly. But if I do the same with Affinity Publisher, there is no way it will load and parse the file correctly. No matter how much I adjust the margins of the document in Publisher, KDP does not interpret the file correctly. I have tried exporting it using different PDF formats (PDF/X-1, PDF 1.7, etc.), I have also tried exporting it by including the print marks in the PDF, but I always get the same result. KDP does not interpret the file correctly.

I attach images with the page settings in Affinity Publisher, how the Affinity Publisher generated PDF looks like in Adobe Acrobat, and how it interprets the same KDP file when I upload it to your platform.

Can anyone give me any idea what the problem is and how to solve it?

Thank you very much.

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

I don't know how Kindle needs their PDFs but I suspect you must use Single Page Export in Publisher.

621118130_ScreenShot2022-01-21at6_54_15AM.png.98eb92b8a7bb3ba484d49bed7fd4b218.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

23 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I don't know how Kindle needs their PDFs but I suspect you must use Single Page Export in Publisher.

Absolutely right!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

621118130_ScreenShot2022-01-21at6_54_15AM.png.98eb92b8a7bb3ba484d49bed7fd4b218.png

Thank you very much. That was indeed the problem. I had been testing for a couple of days without finding the source of the problem. Thank you very much.

Greetings from Spain

Edited by victormap

10 hours ago, Bold Venture said:

Amazon usually prefers pages to be submitted as single pages, and not in the spread format.

Yes, I have already realised that it is not very flexible with the format and characteristics of the documents uploaded to its platform.

Thank you very much for your clarification.

Greetings.