You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Constant crashes

Attaching one of my files. (it’s bad enough that I might have to go back to photoshop (which I dread because affinity is precious to me)). Just randomly crashes while I’m working. Happens to me on any large file I’m using. 2020 iPad Pro12” updated.

I switch a lot between vector/raster and obviously these are large files with large dimensions but… yeah. I’ve just lost so much work I can’t tell you how frustrating this is. At this point there should be a warning. Feel like I’ve been robbed, to be working creatively and then just lose so much work… 

Also, palm recognition seems to be half-working: I keep getting random straight lines?

infinite_main57-1.afdesign

• Staff

Hi @bwackv,

I've just been playing around with your file on and off for the past hour on my iPad 2020 11inch, switching Personas and adding brush strokes, moving some of the image content and i didn't run into a single crash.

Can you try a forced restart of your iPad, as outlined on this link

Also if you have a lot of these files showing on the home screen of Affinity, these will all be taking up resources, so make sure you've saved them from the home screen and then close them as that will help free up some resources.

Finally, if you could also see you have a crash report, to do that see this link and post it here :)  

• 4 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 7:00 AM, bwackv said:

@stokerg wow thanks for taking the time. I just force restarted. Also I had no idea about the Home Screen thing - I’ve never closed a file. There should be. Psa about this. Thank you!

Yes basically what they failed to say is that you can’t leave old files open because it slows down the app. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2022 at 8:38 PM, Jouvon said:

Yes basically what they failed to say is that you can’t leave old files open because it slows down the app. 

We can all acknowledge how truly insane this is right? This issue has cost me an insane amount of work on more than one occasion. Its absurd this critical issue exists nearly 7 months after being identified. Considering swapping to Adobe Illustrate, as much as it pains me to say