You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thank you for Affinity Designer - Former Illustrator user.

This software is mindblowingly fun and fast to use. You have sold me an incredible powertool. It brought out the retired amateur artist in me. I went out, bought my first pen tablet, and designer got me straight up addicted now, considering how easy it is to work with a pen.

Recently, I was able to get a concept logo out of my head, into the pen, and into Designer within a minute.. Another ~5 minutes of mouse/keyboard action, and it was prettied up and finished. I could never work that fast in illustrator. Designer makes it particularly easy to work with a pen because it requires way less tool select changes.. with a basic 2 pen with two buttons on it, you map one button to 'select object' and another to 'bezier pen' and enjoy using 1 input device to get your initial work done, not 3, as in illustrator.

This makes drawing with a pen about as easy to do in vector as it is in a raster program.

Keep up the excellent work.. i'm certainly going to tell some people who currently use Illustrator to check this out.. :27_sunglasses:

2022-01-18 09_27_16-courtesy vm [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.png

I'm glad others are feeling as grateful as I am towards Serif for giving us an alternative to Adobe's monopoly. I am also loving the software, having gone through Illustrator, Inkscape and Coreldraw, Designer seems the best fit between cost/quality for me (Inkscape gets an honorable mention for being FOSS and for Linux support ofcourse, but it's quite janky around the edges at times). While there are a few features I'm missing from the aforementioned programs, once and if they are added to Designer, it'll be the ultimate vector program in my eyes.

By the way, your logo is really cute, but I'd really do something about that bottom text, the distance between the letters is quite jarring. Either make it WAY bigger, to have the same distance between letters as the top text, and/or choose another font/outline/colors etc. Experiment away! ❤️