You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer + Silhouette Studio Integration?

Created an account just to ask about this because I have Illustrator CS6 and was thinking about upgrading to an updated(but definitely not Adobe) vector program. I have Publisher, so I was considering Designer. However, the major use case I have for Illustrator currently is my Silhouette cutter, and the Silhouette Connect has been super handy.

I suspect part of the request relies on Silhouette's software team.

Oh! It could be fantastic that Affinity Designer works in Silhouette applications. I hope the 2 teams reach good agreements!!!

:-)

Graphic designer from Bilbao (Spain) FreeHand forever. Affinity Designer rocks! - Diseñador gráfico de Bilbao (España). FreeHand forever. Affinity Designer ¡mola!

• 5 months later...

Interesting.

I am currently having some teething problems using svg files created in Affinity Designer and using them in Silhouette Studio Designer for use with a Cameo4 cutting machine.

Currently:  using the "merge curves" function for an image, but the lines in Studio Designer still show as two lines when enlarged and presumably therefore two cutting paths.

Would appreciate advice on this.

Sure, I can help.  Send me a screenshot of what’s happening.. 

so what I typically do for my workflow is turn everything into a curve in Affinity, save as SVG, and then when it comes over, I’m able to do a send -> fill.  I’ve been using both programs together for a couple years now, so Ill give as much info as I can…

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...