You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save failed, now everything I click beeps

I opened a PNG file to work up a logo. I added some text, a new background, knocked out some white areas. I was just about done and thought, oh, I should save this. When I tried to save it, it said that it contained non-pixel areas and did I want to save it as a new document, which is what I chose. The file, as near as I can tell, was not saved.

Now, I have access to only a few menu items and every item I click on in the interface beeps back at me. Saving is no long an option and even quitting isn't allowed. I'd rather not throw out 30 minutes of work, but I can't figure out what mode I'm in that wouldn't let me get of it and save.

Any thoughts or will I need to force quit the application and start over from scratch in Pixelmator?

• Staff

Hi Ultimate,

Welcome to the Forums :)

It sounds as though there may be an error message or warning on screen that hasn't been closed. As the error message is designed to stop any functionality in the app and beep if you try to click something else to draw attention to itself. Please could you minimise your windows one by one to make sure they're aren't any other Affinity windows open?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

It sounds as though there may be an error message or warning on screen that hasn't been closed. As the error message is designed to stop any functionality in the app and beep if you try to click something else to draw attention to itself. Please could you minimise your windows one by one to make sure they're aren't any other Affinity windows open?

That was my thought, that there was a modal dialog somewhere that I couldn't see. However, I was unable to minimize anything in Affinity Photo and even when I clicked on the red, yellow and green close, minimize and full screen icons, it just beeped. I also tried using Mission Control, but was unable to see any dialog blocking things.

Oddly, I put my laptop to sleep, unplugged it from my display upstairs, and when I got downstairs the dialog finally appeared. I was able to save the file somewhere else and then quit. I use several different monitor configurations so that's probably part of the bug. I'm glad I left it open because it looks so much better than the one I redid in Pixelmator.