You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Here Hare Here. A combination of Black PTT pens, Vectorizer and Affinity Designer. I created several of these designs a few years ago for my web site here: https://www.mcsherrystudio.com/product-category/limited-edition-prints/into-the-wild-collection/

The idea was to get as close as possible to the natural feel of a linocut, so I drew out three separate 'plates' in black on tracing paper. That  was a bit of a palaver but it did help to get a more handmade look.  You get brownie points if you can guess where the title of this one came from...Happy new year Affinizens.

Kevin

1654454092_Discard171005HereHareHere.jpg.aa139bf577e31bfae89c977e7c8acceb.jpg

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

Here's the original sketch and the background 'plate'.

994558313_Haresketch.jpg.65d1aab1518ab819bdcbaaf493f7c965.jpg1031415867_Greenplate.thumb.jpg.f5ed4a0d7dd3244d78715c095aba15e5.jpg

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

On 1/14/2022 at 1:30 PM, kevinmcsherry said:

Here Hare Here. A combination of Black PTT pens, Vectorizer and Affinity Designer. I created several of these designs a few years ago for my web site here: https://www.mcsherrystudio.com/product-category/limited-edition-prints/into-the-wild-collection/

The idea was to get as close as possible to the natural feel of a linocut, so I drew out three separate 'plates' in black on tracing paper. That  was a bit of a palaver but it did help to get a more handmade look.  You get brownie points if you can guess where the title of this one came from...Happy new year Affinizens.

Kevin

1654454092_Discard171005HereHareHere.jpg.aa139bf577e31bfae89c977e7c8acceb.jpg

Cool idea using Vectorizer. Nicely done.

Thanks -I notice that it's actually called 'Image Vetorizer'. Just in case anyone wants to buy it. I got it from the Apple app store.

And first prize goes to...Gignero! Well done for spotting the reference to the film masterpiece that is Withnail and I. You win a week's rain-soaked holiday in Sleddale Hall, Cumbria completely paid for by you. In addition, you have all the lighter fuel you can drink and enjoy nightly visits from an Uncle Monty-a-gram. 

10 hours ago, kevinmcsherry said:

You win a week's rain-soaked holiday in Sleddale Hall, Cumbria completely paid for by you. In addition, you have all the lighter fuel you can drink and enjoy nightly visits from an Uncle Monty-a-gram. 

I would love to take you up on that but the Jag is still in the repair shop getting the windscreen wipers fixed. I would settle for a Camberwell carrot.

BTW, you have some very cool art on your site.👍