You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Retina HD (@3x) support and Page Presets

Hello,

First, I want to say I love Affinity Designer.

I hope to see Retina HD (@3x) support soon, that would be a really great time-saver. 

Also, it would be great if you could add page presets for the iPhone 4, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Would be lovely to add custom @3x, @1.5x, @0.3x to our projects. 

So in the case of building an icon for a project it would export all variations based upon the one design. Huge time saver rather having to have multiple art-boards.  

Not a deal breaker, just would be nice :)

Hi pi_mai,

I think @3x should work the same way than current retina (@2x) support in Affinity Designer.

For @1.5x and @0.3, I think they are never used in the same context than @2x or @3x. Indeed, they don't produce integer dimensions.

For instance, let's say you have a 15 x 13 image. You'll get:

@1x = 15 x 13 (integer dimensions)

@2x = 30 x 26 (integer dimensions)

@3x = 45 x 39 (integer dimensions)

@1.5x = 22.5 * 19.5 (float dimensions)

@0.3x = 4.5 * 3.9 (float dimensions)

Instead, it would be a nice feature to have a special feature for icon design, using the following standard dimensions:

• 8x8
  • 16x16
  • 32x32
  • 64x64
  • 128x128
  • 256x256
  • 512x512
  • 1024x1024
  • 2048x2048

Romain

The ideal workflow in my opinion is something similar to how Sketch3 does it. You can basically define multiple export sizes (be it in percentage or pixels) per object/group. They mentioned this feature is in the works but would definitely be nice to know when to expect it.

Personal website - http://www.luispedrofonseca.com

Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/lpfonseca

Instead, it would be a nice feature to have a special feature for icon design, using the following standard dimensions:

• 8x8
  • 16x16
  • 32x32
  • 64x64
  • 128x128
  • 256x256
  • 512x512
  • 1024x1024
  • 2048x2048

Romain

This is actually the use case I would use slices for, so such a feature would be wonderful. I'm ultimately trying to export icons at multiple sizes (including 24x24). Right now, this involves exporting each slice at a very high resolution and then running it through another tool (like Photoshop), to resize and save at each of the resolutions I've specified. I'd LOVE to cut out the need for the extra tool. I think icon creation is one of the most common use cases for vector drawing tools, so a first class icon exporter would be a tremendous feature.