You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

when I do an HDR merge on my new MacBook Pro m1pro I manage to get the image just how I want it, I then "save as" to an affinity HDR file, {which looks fine}  I then 

export it as a .jpg but the image comes out completely blown out. I even did a screenshot of the nicely edited image while still in affinity but the screenshot too was blown out.

can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

thanks.

• Staff

Hi Vonbontempi,

Welcome to the forums :)

The screenshot being blown out seems very odd to me. If possible could you provide a screen recording that demonstrates this issue?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 month later...

Same here export is all blown out on iPad Pro, also have MC book pro so I not try using this just yet. I have read read. 

Why doesn’t the iPad version support HDR/EDR image editing?

renderTimingPixel.png

It can be done with the Mac version using HDR/EDR supported displays, but not on iPad, even though iPad Pros support HDR/EDR.

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2022 at 1:50 PM, vonbontempi said:

when I do an HDR merge on my new MacBook Pro m1pro I manage to get the image just how I want it, I then "save as" to an affinity HDR file, {which looks fine}  I then 

export it as a .jpg but the image comes out completely blown out. I even did a screenshot of the nicely edited image while still in affinity but the screenshot too was blown out.

can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

thanks.

I also have the new MacBook Pro M1 Pro and I'm experimenting the same problem as you. Could you find the solution? Did you receive some answer from Affinity Team?

Thank you!

gamma.aftoolpresetsI provided an explanation what was going wrong for the issue @Rob Chisholm reported in another thread

Unfortunately, Rob never replied.

Please check if the same solution help in your case. If not, please post the image (.afphoto file) and a screenshot showing how the image is display in photo, having the 32 bit preview settings active (included in screenshot).

Copy of post in linked thread:

Editing RGB/32 images and converting / exporting has its challenges.

Using the 32 bit preview in “unmanaged”, the image looks good. Changing to “ICC” (In desktop: ICC Display Transform) gives a too bright results.

Generally, you should use “ICC” setting during edit to see how the exported image will look like.

This lets me assume that the RGB/32 version is gamma encoded instead of linear.

Depending on you edit process this can happen intentionally or by mistake.

You can easily convert with help of procedural texture filter.

R=R^2.2 

or R=^(1/2.2)

(same for B and G channel).

As you are using iPad, you need to create the PT filter on Desktop. To help you out here, I uploaded the corrected file. You can copy the layer named "Gamma 2.2" from the file I uploaded, and paste it into other files if required.

Edited by NotMyFault
PS: added link to preset file

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TestTools said:

I don't see an uploaded file! …but I like the idea and thanks for the assistance. Still trying to wrap my head around all the permutations of HDR. 

The uploaded file's in the linked post included by @NotMyFault

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10