You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm not sure how to get the purchase bonus overlays and assets.

I just bought Affinity Photo from Affinity Serif website, and I cannot register and download the extras when the app starts 

I see the issue is going on since beginning of January, alas and none has solved it yet or at least there is no solution published here

I have a Mac , Mojave system. I tried to copy the file afreg.cfg in all folders(created the ones I didn't have) mentioned in this thread but nothing has happened 

Could someone from Affinity give a solution , please?

Try Again Affinity.jpg

Edited by Batbel258

9 hours ago, bobnotrob said:

Unfortunately, I do not have this folder.

Are you trying to register Publisher or Photo or Designer? You have to change than perhaps the folder name to "Affinity Photo" or whatever you have. I tried the cfg trick on 2 computers right now and it worked with OS 10.14 and 10.15

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that putting the afreg.cfg file into the ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo and the ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Designer folders worked and allowed me to sign into my account (re-directed via browser) for both applications. Both purchased from Serif direct.

OSX Catalina - 10.15.7 (19H1713)

Affinity Designer - 1.10.4

Affinity Photo - 1.10.4

7 hours ago, Amnesiac said:

I can confirm that putting the afreg.cfg file into the ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo and the ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Designer folders worked and allowed me to sign into my account (re-directed via browser) for both applications. Both purchased from Serif direct.

Affinity Photo - 1.10.4

Yes, thanks, it works for me too.

BTW Affinity Photo is a great program. I 💖 it

Just learning it watching the very well done tutorials

On 1/14/2022 at 8:31 AM, Jurgen van Leyen said:

Nope that’s windows only.  

I used the link in the affinity photo app and it gave an error. 
I used the default browser (safari) and the screen stayed black. I then used chrome as the default browser and it worked.   And the file afreg.cfg had a space between the g and the .   I removed the space and it worked 

If you got the app from the App Store 

place the afreg.cfg file in the following folder   You can download the file below with no space in the file name  

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support 

thanks everybody for the help.  

afreg.cfg 13 B · 43 downloads

I am sorry, but I really don't understand what do I need to do with the file afreg.cfg. I have Windows. (do I need to copy the file and to past it in somewhere?). I bought the program from the Affinity website. Thank you

2 minutes ago, Ana Marquez said:

I am sorry, but I really don't understand what do I need to do with the file afreg.cfg.

That file is of no use to you. It’s for Mac users.

2 minutes ago, Ana Marquez said:

I have Windows.

Follow the instructions in the post linked below:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I can confirm that the suggested solution works for apps purchased from the Serif store as well.

Just place afreg.cfg in:

• ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Designer if you have Designer
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo if you have Photo
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher if you have Publisher

Have a good day!