You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm not sure how to get the purchase bonus overlays and assets.

I purchased Affinity Photo from https://affinity.serif.com/ja-jp/photo/ and tried to get the purchase bonus overlay and assets.

https://store.serif.com/ja-jp/account/downloads/ states, " Register the app after installation and you will automatically receive this free kit." It states.

However, when I click on My Account in Affinity Photo and click on the Register Now button, it says "A problem occurred while registering or signing in." (as shown in the attached image).
It is the same no matter how many times I retry.

I emailed Affinity support, but they said, "Only customers who purchased the app or MS Store will register. So you can ignore it." They replied.

However, I don't know how to get the overlay or the assets. I am very confused.

Does anyone know how to get them?

(I'm Japanese. I'm not fluent in English, so I apologize if there are any strange expressions)

my account.jpg

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @fukuroumaru.

If you have purchased the retail version (not just installed the Trial version) then you might try this:

1. Quit the application
  2. Right-click on the application icon and choose "Run as Administrator".
  3. Then try Registering again.

Some users have reported that this will allow Registration to work. After that, you can use the application normally.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome, and thanks for confirming that it worked :) 

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

I'm wondering if Serif has made some change to their server, which is requiring some stricter security. I've checked this periodically since first reading about it within the past couple of days. Now not only do we have to run the program(s) as Admin, but after doing so, the sign in page does not stay within the program. It opens Serif's web site for registering. See screenshots.

wesorry.jpg.a42b7b9cd46fc7797326d14bac63a8ee.jpgregapp.jpg.54a2b35b160225126a573efed92b5b44.jpgopenSignInPage.jpg.4698546acfb5772052531a924b122be0.jpgsignInWebPage.jpg.7f768113e082c6b40eea0736f9851245.jpgregcomplete.jpg.bab459356b039311d3142c1c26f0b027.jpgmyaccount_signedIn.jpg.330924483737612939abb2ece16fcd64.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Your Welcome 😀

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

34 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

but after doing so, the sign in page does not stay within the program. It opens Serif's web site for registering.

It has been doing that for several releases now, for me.

-- Walt
PC:

On 1/12/2022 at 12:41 PM, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @fukuroumaru.

If you have purchased the retail version (not just installed the Trial version) then you might try this:

1. Quit the application
  2. Right-click on the application icon and choose "Run as Administrator".
  3. Then try Registering again.

Some users have reported that this will allow Registration to work. After that, you can use the application normally.

Hi I have the same problem 

I got the app from the apple App Store 

running on macOS high sierra 

how do I register?   

5 hours ago, Jurgen van Leyen said:

... running on macOS high sierra 

I think the "My Account" feature, including registering the app from that, requires a later version of the macOS.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

7 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I think the "My Account" feature, including registering the app from that, requires a later version of the macOS.

The registration and content sync feature requires macOS Sierra 10.12 or above.

System requirements

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It used the default browser (safari) and the screen stayed black. I then used chrome as the default browser and it worked.   And the file afreg.cfg had a space between the g and the .   I removed the space and it worked 

If you got the app from the App Store 

place the afreg.cfg file in the following folder   You can somewhere here download the file   

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support 

thanks everybody for the help.  

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

The registration and content sync feature requires macOS Sierra 10.12 or above.

System requirements

Thanks for that, but I wonder if there is currently some problem using the latest version of Safari that 10.12 supports that turns the screen black.

All I really am certain of is it is all working normally for me in all 3 apps while running 10.15, & I do not need (or seem to have) the afreg.cfg file anywhere in any of my 3 apps, including the 2 I bought from the MAS.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
21 hours ago, nmbroadbent said:

I also purchased the app from the Apple app store and am unable to register. I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6. There does not seem to be a "Run as Administrator" option on the Mac. 

@nmbroadbent This should help: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/138339-problems-registering-affinity-photo-on-a-mac/&do=findComment&comment=875326

4 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Nope that’s windows only.  

I used the link in the affinity photo app and it gave an error. 
I used the default browser (safari) and the screen stayed black. I then used chrome as the default browser and it worked.   And the file afreg.cfg had a space between the g and the .   I removed the space and it worked 

place the afreg.cfg file in the following folder   You can download the file below with no space in the file name  

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support 

thanks everybody for the help.  

afreg.cfg

First, thanks to everyone who is trying to help! I followed your instructions Leigh, and I got the same result as before (screenshot attached). I'm running on an older iMac and have been advised by our Apple repair service not to attempt to upgrade. The program itself seems (so far) to run just fine on my computer - it's just that I am unable to register.

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 9.50.01 AM.png

8 minutes ago, nmbroadbent said:

First, thanks to everyone who is trying to help! I followed your instructions Leigh, and I got the same result as before (screenshot attached). I'm running on an older iMac and have been advised by our Apple repair service not to attempt to upgrade. The program itself seems (so far) to run just fine on my computer - it's just that I am unable to register.

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 9.50.01 AM.png

I used the link in the affinity photo app and it gave an error. 
I used the default browser (safari) and the screen stayed black. I then used chrome as the default browser and it worked.   And the file afreg.cfg had a space between the g and the .   I removed the space and it worked 

place the afreg.cfg file in the following folder   You can download the file below with no space in the file name  

afreg.cfg

• 2 weeks later...
2022/1/12の午後3時43分、袋うまるは次のように述べています。

https://affinity.serif.com/ja-jp/photo/からAffinityPhotoダウンロードし、ダウンロードダウンロードとロボットを選択します。

https://store.serif.com/ja-jp/account/downloads/ _ _

あり、フィ写真の[マイ入力]ここで、[今し登録]ボタン画像、「登録的サインイン表問題がしました」と表示されますなるように)

AffinityNIにメールをしましたが、「アプリとMSStoreを購入しました。

可能ます、商業をする方法がさらに

選択がたをする方法を知ってか?

(私は日本語です。英語が可能能ないので、おかしな言葉がらお詫びします)

私のでき.jpg

私は、日本人です。

先表から、WEBで購入をしたなり、管理者モードであります、管理者モードであります。

私の環境はWINDOWS10です。

Windowsのアプリを管理者モードで実行してください。

8 minutes ago, bobnotrob said:

I cannot find this on my computer.

Are you a Mac or Windows user? If a Mac user, which version of the Mac OS are you running? Which store did you buy the app from?

Affinity Photo 

46 minutes ago, bobnotrob said:

Purchased from Serif website directly.

Then I do not think you will have the ~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/ folder. The equivalent folder for Serif Store purchases is in ~/Library/Application Support (not in the Containers subfolder), but I do not know if adding the .afreg.cfg file anywhere in that is a suggested fix for your issue.

In this topic it was suggested as a fix only for purchases from the Mac App Store.

Affinity Photo