You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I go to Affinity Designer -> Help -> Account -> Already registered? Sign in now!, I get a message that something went wrong during registration or sign-in

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

If you're using Windows, try quitting the application, then right-clicking on its icon and choosing Run as Administrator.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

40 minutes ago, LondonSquirrel said:

I am seeing the same error message on macOS. I thought I would finally get round to registering APhoto, but I can't. This is on two separate machines.

Exactly the same as shown in the screenshot just above, including the reason "timeout while waiting ... "?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thanks, @LondonSquirrel. I have no idea what to do on a Mac, for that one. Except I wonder if you might have some Firewall processing in place that's preventing access?

-- Walt
PC:

1 minute ago, LondonSquirrel said:

I did a bit of debugging last night, but it seems I cannot post it here. I keep getting 403 errors when I try.

What are you trying to post?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

11 minutes ago, LondonSquirrel said:

Where did you get your copy of APhoto? If direct from Serif the path is different. Note, I only have some information about macOS. I don't know anything about Windows.

If you bought the application direct from Serif, the path is ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo/. Note: the ~ at the start of the path. The file you need to place there is called 'afreg.cfg' - no space in the name. Note: the forum post I linked to has two versions of the file, one with a space and one without. You want the one without a space. The contents are the same but the naming is different.

Oke I don that.  It’s working 

but the register page in the browser stays black (safari)

I've been using the tools for years and have never had to start the apps as admin to sign in. I recently had to recore my machine (Win 11 Ent) and could never get the service to register. This is the first time I've had the browser pop-up to do the auth. So, maybe that was it. Anyway... admin finally made it work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 11:18 PM, walt.farrell said:

If you're using Windows, try quitting the application, then right-clicking on its icon and choosing Run as Administrator.

This solved the problem for me, thanks. Can I suggest that either this shouldn't be required, or at least there should be an informative message to say why sign in failed? I just wasted an hour of my life on this 😔

3 minutes ago, JimBobbles said:

This solved the problem for me, thanks. Can I suggest that either this shouldn't be required, or at least there should be an informative message to say why sign in failed? I just wasted an hour of my life on this 😔

It shouldn't be required. There's simply a bug, which is fixed in the next release, 1.10.5.

This is described in the FAQ section of the forums.

-- Walt
PC:

2 minutes ago, panika said:

I have the same problem on Mac

Please see the FAQ:

-- Walt
PC:

48 minutes ago, panika said:

Bonjour, j'ai besoin de l'assistance en français svp

I will defer to someone from Serif, if using Google or DeepL Translate on the FAQ is not enough.

-- Walt
PC: