You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How would I change the color or size of all objects in a group layer?

Hi,

I organized beads (made from a brush) into different groups.  How would I change all their colors at once (from purple to blue, for instance)? I would I change the sizes of the larger/blue ones?

Or can not this be done and each one has to be changed individually (there are over 50!).

I realize you don't have the brush I used.  Not sure if this is a problem.

Also, I would like to add an adjustment layer to the smaller, purple ones.  Such as "Brightness and Contrast" or "Vibrance", etc... to make them stand out a little more. 

Thanks!

Nice work!

You may try

1. select one pearl
  2. Select>Select Same>Stroke Color.
  3. adjust stroke color

Worked for me:

image.thumb.png.119da1ee8cf250f3fd3b45a3f1045e2c.png

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Not sure why you went to the "trouble" of making a brush when each one of the pearls is a single pearl on a separate tiny stroke, but I guess that's another conversation 🤔.

To the question:
Color etc: You can add a Recolor (and any other) adjustment right to each group (child or mask position. It doesn't matter).
Size: Since you used a brush.... select all and change the stroke size, BUT you're going to have to remove them all from their ellipse containers.
If all were separate objects... all would need to be selected, then with the node tool selected all can be changed at the same time if the Transform Each option is enabled.

900192489_ScreenShot2022-01-11at6_04_33PM.png.11577ad9ea0480c336295999fafdbd70.png

8 minutes ago, JimmyJack said:

Not sure why you went to the "trouble" of making a brush when each one of the pearls is a single pearl on a separate tiny stroke, but I guess that's another conversation 🤔.

To the question:
You can add a Recolor (and any other) adjustment right to each group (child or mask position. It doesn't matter).

900192489_ScreenShot2022-01-11at6_04_33PM.png.11577ad9ea0480c336295999fafdbd70.png

Well I made one using brushes that I purchased and copied and pasted the bead.  It came with tons of other types of brushes:  https://artifexforge.com/product/neon-ad/

I have only  messed around with it and haven't made anything fancy. It is fun!

Thanks!  I will try your suggestion tonight.

Your crucifix and kofc are bitmaps, here they are as traced vectors (... as two groups, where each group is one vectorized image). You can copy/paste over those individual groups and resize them (always size the whole selected group) accordingly to your needs.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

Your crucifix and kofc are bitmaps, here they are as traced vectors (... as two groups, where each group is one vectorized image). You can copy/paste over those individual groups and resize them (always size the whole selected group) accordingly to your needs.

Those look so nice!  I will use them and see if I can figure out what you did to the originals.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

Wow, you really brought out all of the detail with the crucifix!

6 hours ago, filoplume said:

...and see if I can figure out what you did to the originals.

Nothing fancy, just took both of your bitmap images, saved them in a slightly bigger size as PNGs. Afterwards feeded the PNGs into a bitmap-to-vector tracing app and saved the tracing result as a PDF. Then opened the PDF in Affinity Designer and grouped all tracing curves together.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

19 hours ago, JimmyJack said:

To the question:
Color etc: You can add a Recolor (and any other) adjustment right to each group (child or mask position. It doesn't matter).
Size: Since you used a brush.... select all and change the stroke size, BUT you're going to have to remove them all from their ellipse containers.
If all were separate objects... all would need to be selected, then with the node tool selected all can be changed at the same time if the Transform Each option is enabled.

Recolor adjustment works great!  Thanks!