You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I unregister products?

5 minutes ago, IanSG said:

You don't need to unregister - just reinstall as you did originaly.

True, but that ends up with the old installation showing in your account at the Affinity Store, which is clutter that bothers some users :) 

10 minutes ago, Kiarian said:

How do I unregister from the old and register the new? On my account I cannot edit my registered products.

Before you install the new OS, you go into My Account in the Affinity application and you Sign Out.

If you did not do that, then there is no way for you to remove that registration from your Affinity Account information, but as IanSG mentioned it doesn't really matter.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

True, but that ends up with the old installation showing in your account at the Affinity Store, which is clutter that bothers some users :) 

That's not something I'd noticed - confirmation of my wife's opinion of my housekeeping 😒.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

19 minutes ago, IanSG said:

You don't need to unregister - just reinstall as you did originaly.

That's what I've done. When I then go to register the products upon opening I get an error. I input my key successfully, there seems to be an error resistering though.
I did not sign out by the way before I updated my OS.

1 minute ago, Kiarian said:

That's what I've done. When I then go to register the products upon opening I get an error. I input my key successfully, there seems to be an error resistering though.
I did not sign out by the way before I updated my OS.

The registration error is not related to having the prior registration. It is some different problem.

You can try exiting the application, then right-clicking on it and choosing Run as Administrator. Then you may be able to Register, and after that use the application as normal.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

5 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The registration error is not related to having the prior registration. It is some different problem.

You can try exiting the application, then right-clicking on it and choosing Run as Administrator. Then you may be able to Register, and after that use the application as normal.

Does not work. I cannot sign in to my software regardless if I open as Administrator. I click on the Mt Account icon on the top right, try to sign in but get this error message

'We're sorry - Something went wrong during registration or sign-in'. 

1 hour ago, Kiarian said:

Does not work. I cannot sign in to my software regardless if I open as Administrator. I click on the Mt Account icon on the top right, try to sign in but get this error message

'We're sorry - Something went wrong during registration or sign-in'. 

Sorry; I'm not sure what to suggest, then. But it should not be related to your having the prior registration in place.

-- Walt
PC: