You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Downloadable Affinity Photo Help File 1.5 for iBooks Dec 7 2016 (epub format)

jeffkovitz

Here is a link to the Affinity Photo Help File in Epub Format for Version 1.5 (Updated December 7, 2016) works great in Ibooks.

Very convenient to have in a portable format - or to use side by side with Affinity on your computer.

Link: https://app.box.com/s/bjv07ey7ryvqbg16zh4yjazcd65uw85c

Alternate Link:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjuKWjfPlktwgfoEGfpoz65qzzsz_A

Just download it to your ipad and pick "open in Ibooks"  or download it to your computer and email it to yourself and then pick "open in iBooks" from your iPad. 

The "un-named" entry at the top is the table of contents as in the help file and it scrolls on my iPad.  However it does block the screen content.  If you choose to scroll the "table of contents" from Ibooks it is not hierarchically organized - but the screen is full.  Best way to find something after that is to do a search.  Its very comprehensive.   (My continuing love/hate relationship with technology.)

Its a spectacular resource on an iPad Pro.   If you have an android tablet, go to Google Play and search for "epub reader".

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a link to the Affinity Photo Help File in Epub Format for Version 1.4  (grabbed it from the final beta) - works great in Ibooks.  They've promised they are done...

Very convenient to have in a portable format - or to use side by side with Affinity on your computer.

Link: https://app.box.com/s/wil4538a8hy06ckf2b3z71xm7yqdadzi

Alternate Link: http://1drv.ms/1NFDWjB

Just download it to your ipad and pick "open in Ibooks"  or download it to your computer and email it to yourself and then pick "open in iBooks" from your iPad. 

The "un-named" entry at the top is the table of contents as in the help file and it scrolls on my iPad.  However it does block the screen content.  If you choose to scroll the "table of contents" from Ibooks it is not hierarchically organized - but the screen is full.  Best way to find something after that is to do a search.  Its very comprehensive.   (My continuing love/hate relationship with technology.)

Its a spectacular resource on an iPad Pro. 

Many thanks!

How did you discover this link?

Claudio

I didn't discover it.  I built it using calibre to convert the help file inside the affinity program to an epub.  A bit of trial and error to get it to work reasonably well.  The links are to my Box and OneDrive Cloud drives.  I have put it in two places so one of them would always work.  (There are transfer caps per month on the free ones).

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't discover it.  I built it using calibre to convert the help file inside the affinity program to an epub.  A bit of trial and error to get it to work reasonably well.  The links are to my Box and OneDrive Cloud drives.  I have put it in two places so one of them would always work.  (There are transfer caps per month on the free ones)

great work!  thank you ! 

• 1 month later...

I used calibre  https://calibre-ebook.com.  I tried to make a workable PDF but wasn't happy with the result.  Took some hit and miss to get the EPub mostly useable.    I assume in the fullness of time that Affinity will bet a proper Electronic Manual out.  Its still a little dodgy to figure all of this out from the help file (even as an epub) and the video tutorials if you don't start as a photoshop geek.   But hey all good things take time.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Danke!

Wäre es möglich auch Affinity Designer als PDF so zu bekommen?

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

• 7 months later...

I was wondering where you got the help files to convert to epub, so in a blinding flash of obviousness, I looked inside the AF App.  I realized that all I have to do in order to see the help system is to open this link file:///Applications/Affinity%20Photo.app/Contents/Resources/AffinityPhoto.help/Contents/Resources/en-US.lproj/index.html# in a browser.  It works great.

To make it portable, just copy the folder en-US.lproj to another location or device; of course you'll still have to use a browser to see it.

hth,

ge

• Staff

It's also worth pointing out that the help for both apps is available online (currently in beta) in this thread here, with some improvements including page printing and language switching: 

Alternatively, you can jump straight to them using these link shorteners:

affin.co/designerhelp

affin.co/photohelp

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials