You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

unable to sign in to My Account

• Staff

The binary update 1.10.5 patches are not released yet, sorry. There's nothing to stop you using the full downloads Alfred has linked to, but until there's some patch updates on the Affinity Store and the Mac App Store, it's not really released (or announced). Kinda annoying, sorry

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

5 minutes ago, Alfred said:

However, if I go to the Affinity Store Updates pages I see DMG downloads for version 1.10.5 of each app:

That does not help me for AP & AD purchased from the MAS -- both still showing there with 1.10.4 being the latest version. For APub (bought from the Affinity Store) I get this when using the "Check for Updates" item:

2147081722_APubuptodate.jpg.b6bc9f2e7d7b0fe9e697925f98c9577e.jpg

However, the link you provided tells me the latest version is 1.10.5, & a button to download the DMG. I'm downloading that now, so presumably I can at least get APub updated to 1.10.5.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

There's nothing to stop you using the full downloads Alfred has linked to...

So I can use the DMGs for AP & AD to update them to 1.10.5 even though I bought both through the Mac App Store?

Are you sure about that?

EDIT: As I assumed, those DMG's ask for a product key, which of course I do not have because they came from the MAS.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

No you cannot, sorry. My advice was generic to Affinity Store owners not specific to you. You need the MAS to be updated by the Devs.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

However, the link you provided tells me the latest version is 1.10.5, & a button to download the DMG. I'm downloading that now, so presumably I can at least get APub updated to 1.10.5.

So I installed the APub DMG, replacing APub 1.10.4, opened the updated version & just for grins selected the "Check For Updates" option. This is what I got:

2040998028_uptodate.jpg.4f62c2a62f22e1c84989f94d9425e32e.jpg

HUH??? 😕

So now I am running a 'newer than newest' version???

Affinity Photo 

• Staff

It's not that confusing, the auto update thinks 1.10.4 is the latest it knows how to serve up. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

It's not that confusing, the auto update thinks 1.10.4 is the latest it knows how to serve up. 

The confusing part from a user standpoint is what 1.10.5 shows (like in my screenshot) when using "Check For Updates." Obviously, 1.10.4 is not newer than 1.10.5. Auto update needs to be fixed if it can't figure that out.

Affinity Photo 

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

In that case, the message should be “Affinity Publisher 1.10.4 is currently the newest version available via auto update.”

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

21 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

You need the MAS to be updated by the Devs.

Just a followup on that. I tried several times to get the MAS to show the 1.10.5 updates for AP & AD but that kept failing, even after trying the usual tricks like signing out of & back into my user account. To work around it, I clicked on my account name at the bottom left of the MAS app window, which showed me all of my purchases. I scrolled down to where AP & AD were listed, & instead of clicking on the "Open" button (which I knew from past experience would just open the 1.10.4 version), I clicked on the app icon to the left of that button.

As this has done a few times in the past, this showed the app info page, listing 1.10.5 as the latest version & (hooray!) the Update button. Clicking that started the update & now both apps are at version 1.10.5 on my Mac.

So for anybody else using the MAS versions, if nothing else works I hope this will for you like it did for me.

Affinity Photo