You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

unable to sign in to My Account

I've just reinstalled the Affinity apps on my Windows machine, and when I go to My Account, and try to sign in, it takes a few moments and then the message:

Timeout while waiting for registration service "ready" notification

comes up.

My network and internet all appear to be working fine - is there an issue with the registration service systems?

Edited to add, the message comes with a Try Again and a Remind Me Later button. Have tried again, and then tried again after about an hour

thanks

Edited by Cadarnfel

Affinity 2 Universal  Suite
Desktop:  Apple Mac Studio 2022 model (M1 Ultra) 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, with 128GB RAM, connected to triple 4k monitors
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 14" 2021 model (M1 Max) 10 core CPU, 32 core GPU, with 64GB RAM

I see some other posts with the same issue, so it's not just me 😀

Will wait and see what happens

Desktop:  Apple Mac Studio 2022 model (M1 Ultra) 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, with 128GB RAM, connected to triple 4k monitors
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 14" 2021 model (M1 Max) 10 core CPU, 32 core GPU, with 64GB RAM

No issue here.

EDIT: There is now. Must be the Serif server!

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

1 hour ago, Ali said:

Must be the Serif server!

I blame the gerbils, or whoever forgot to feed them!!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

They still haven't been fed ... ;)

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

FWIW, I am not having any issues using the My Account feature in any of the Affinity apps on my Mac. So maybe this is somehow a problem affecting only the Windows versions? 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Ali mentioned in another thread about signing in while running the apps with administrator privilege - this worked for me.

5 hours ago, Leigh said:

Just wanted to let you know that we've had quite a few reports of this over the past 24 hours on both Windows and macOS. Our developers are investigating 👍

For what little it is worth, it is still working fine for me.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 1/12/2022 at 10:53 AM, Cadarnfel said:

Ali mentioned in another thread about signing in while running the apps with administrator privilege - this worked for me.

Thanks Cadarnfel! I can confirm that running Photo in Admin worked for me as well.

Have not been able to sign in all week either, also on the Windows versions. I haven't tried admin mode, but honestly that would be a terrible solution if that's the case. Hopefully the devs get this sorted soon, because there should be no reason any of these programs need elevated privileges. Especially not to contact Serif's registration servers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 8:37 PM, Cadarnfel said:

I'm having the exact same issue with Affinity Designer as outlined below. However, that I've been able to log in to Affinity Photo.

"I've just reinstalled the Affinity apps on my Windows machine, and when I go to My Account, and try to sign in, it takes a few moments and then the message:

Timeout while waiting for registration service "ready" notification

comes up.

My network and internet all appear to be working fine - is there an issue with the registration service systems?

Edited to add, the message comes with a Try Again and a Remind Me Later button. Have tried again, and then tried again after about an hour

thanks"

It's the same for me, tryed several days, nothing happens

Howerever when I go to there website, and login than it's working.

It's a little bit weird.

The message I get:Timeout while waiting for registration service "ready" notification.

First I tried the repair option, but that did't work, because my tools where disappeared.

I turned back on via studio, but everytime I quit the program , the tools disappear again and must them activate them.

Finally I reinstalled the program, and everything works again , exept the message I got ( Timeout....

• Staff
On 2/7/2022 at 9:25 AM, Mavericks said:

It's the same for me, tryed several days, nothing happens

Howerever when I go to there website, and login than it's working.

It's a little bit weird.

The message I get:Timeout while waiting for registration service "ready" notification.

First I tried the repair option, but that did't work, because my tools where disappeared.

I turned back on via studio, but everytime I quit the program , the tools disappear again and must them activate them.

Finally I reinstalled the program, and everything works again , exept the message I got ( Timeout....

Did you try Run as Administrator?

• 3 weeks later...

Unable to register issue :  

This resolves the issue with registration on Win 10 and windows 11 machines.   On your desktop go to the Affinity Designer Icon > Right Click > select Run as administrator. Once the app opens go to Sign in and Register your Affinity Designer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has the Mac OS fix been completed?

I’ve been trying for some time to sign in via both Affinity Designer and Photo but getting the same “Timeout while waiting for registration service “ready” notification “ as indicated by others on this thread.

Have also reinstalled Designer and Photo to the latest versions as well as Mojave but still no luck.

• Staff
On 3/12/2022 at 11:01 PM, Kam said:

Has the Mac OS fix been completed?

I’ve been trying for some time to sign in via both Affinity Designer and Photo but getting the same “Timeout while waiting for registration service “ready” notification “ as indicated by others on this thread.

Have also reinstalled Designer and Photo to the latest versions as well as Mojave but still no luck.

We will have an update out for macOS today that should resolve this issue. Wait for the update prompt and try again.

2 hours ago, Leigh said:

We will have an update out for macOS today that should resolve this issue. Wait for the update prompt and try again.

Do you mean an 1.10.x update for the retail or for the beta version(s) of the Affinity apps?

Either way, I can't even find any 1.10.5 updates for any of the Mac retail apps, either retail or beta. I bought AP & AD from the Mac App Store & APub from the Affinity Store. The MAS app shows no updates available & the current versions of AP & AD at 1.10.4. The APub 'check for updates' option tells me I am up-to-date with version 1.10.4.

Affinity Photo 

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

I can't even find any 1.10.5 updates for any of the Mac retail apps, either retail or beta.

@Patrick Connor’s post here indicates that version 1.10.4 is the latest version for the macOS apps:

However, if I go to the Affinity Store Updates pages I see DMG downloads for version 1.10.5 of each app:

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/designer/1

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/photo/1

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/publisher/1

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)