You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If I wanted to use either of these and use them to create others..

Hi,

The .afphoto file needs to be made into a transparent image with no background, just the sphere.

I guess the purple bead needs to be cropped.

But I would like to "rubber stamp" them to create a length of beads using both of these (not butting up to each other).  Any suggestions on what I need to do?

Thanks.

PurpleSphereFINAL-shadowlayerunchecked.afphoto Round Bead-Purple.afdesign

6 minutes ago, filoplume said:

The .afphoto file needs to be made into a transparent image with no background, just the sphere.

That's pretty easy, just disable the bottom purple fill layer ...

layer1.jpg.691f3d9a058e0e7749b1462316869a59.jpg

TO:

layer2.jpg.2a3ed27f41472d7e515892d76812065d.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

20 minutes ago, filoplume said:

I guess the purple bead needs to be cropped.

Not necessarily, if you move it to another position on page and add further beads via copy/paste and move those to be as close as you want. Add/draw with some brush a cord or chain between the beads then.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Just now, v_kyr said:

Not necessarily, if you move it to another position on page and add further beads via copy/paste and move those to be as close as you want. Add/draw with some brush a cord or chain between the beads then.

But what if I wanted to copy it to a new document?  It ends up being a tiny ellipse and if I try to make it larger (using the shift key held down) it only makes the background larger, not the bead.

beadonanewdocument.afdesign

If you want to take it over to other documents, select the layers you want to copy in the layers panel, perform a copy and paste the layers into the new document.

schnur.jpg

To resize one of those beads select it's (Ellipse) layer in the layers panel (with the arrow/move tool) so the selected one is shown with it'S bounding box selected on the drawing area and resize it via the handles to you needs. Or alternatively, select it in the layers panel and resize it via the transform panel widt/height value settings etc.

Also I'm not sure what you did and applied for creating the beads then, since I thought you would use for Designer an ellipse with an applied radial gradient instead, so something like this here ...

19 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

If you want to take it over to other documents, select the layers you want to copy in the layers panel, perform a copy and paste the layers into the new document.

schnur.jpg

To resize one of those beads select it's (Ellipse) layer in the layers panel (with the arrow/move tool) so the selected one is shown with it'S bounding box selected on the drawing area and resize it via the handles to you needs. Or alternatively, select it in the layers panel and resize it via the transform panel widt/height value settings etc.

I grabbed one of the handles on the top image and it just expanded the area around it.  Not the bead itself.   I did select the layer named "elipse".  You can see how the thumbnail changed to reflect what I did.  I guess I don't understand what you mean.

beadonanewdocument.afdesign

>>Your beads are strangely compound together, see the ellipse and radial gradient I've used here instead ...

I assume you are using the .aphoto file, v_kyr?  Not the neon-purple designer file.

Don't know what you exactly mean by "compounded together" but I will follow your video.  Thanks for that!

See here how I create such an bead/sphere, it's pretty easy. - Just one Ellipse with a radial gradient on it, nothing more ...

... afterwards I select it or it's layer and copy/paste for getting another one. With Alt-dragging one and afterwards performing Cmd-j I can get distributed ones of these (a slightly moved copy of those). By selecting all layers and performing a copy/paste of those you get a bulk of these then as a copy. - In the same manner you can copy/paste one or muliple of those selected ones then between documents.

Files:

16 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

See here how a create such an bead/sphere, it's pretty easy. - Just one Ellipse with a radial gradient on it, nothing more ...

My, that is pretty easy (and a blast to do!)! v_kyr. 

I would also like to know how I can use the neon-dot that was created using a brush from Artifex Forge (the owner -Jermey Child -did it for me, not me).  How to copy and duplicate it to make a rosary.

Thanks!!!

1 minute ago, filoplume said:

I would also like to know how I can use the neon-dot that was created using a brush from Artifex Forge (the owner -Jermey Child -did it for me, not me).  How to copy and duplicate it to make a rosary.

How does that look like, is it just one vector curve, or instead build-up from multiple brush curves? - However, try to copy/paste it's layer. In case that is build by using multiple layers, group them all together and copy/paste the group then in order to get a copy of it!

13 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

How does that look like, is it just one vector curve, or instead build-up from multiple brush curves? - However, try to copy/paste it's layer. In case that is build by using multiple layers, group them all together and copy/paste the group then in order to get a copy of it!

Elipse and a curve.

2022-01-09_18-28-54.jpg

Round Bead-Purple-FromJeremy.afdesign

16 minutes ago, filoplume said:

I get the same problem/effect when copying and pasting it into a new document.

Those are created via a brush! - In order to get a different sized one here use the brush tool, adjust the brush size at the top and draw a new one!

But I still can't use the dot created by the brush by copy and pasting it into a new Designer document.  It shows up like I posted above with a tiny circle and outside fill around it.

I would like to be able to use these in another document and also different colors.

5 hours ago, filoplume said:

But I still can't use the dot created by the brush by copy and pasting it into a new Designer document.  It shows up like I posted above with a tiny circle and outside fill around it.

I would like to be able to use these in another document and also different colors.

You don't need to copy that over into another document at all. - Just create another document and in that doc use the "brush tool" and select that "neon brush type" you've installed in Designer as an additional brush to use. Size the brush and apply the color you want as I've shown in above screencast and draw with the brush.

4 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Looks good so far!

Thanks!

You know what I would like to do, is "raise" the two black and white images and/or make them both silver.  Something to make them stand out because the beads are sort of "3D" looking.

I am now grouping all the beads into decades so I can make changing their colors easier.  At least, I think that will help the process.