You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add a Lighter/Brighter UI-mode (implemented)

I like the existing icon size, please don't do away with that.

But what size is your screen?

Michael

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Like others, I have specifically joined this forum to bemoan the dark UI.

I love the Affinity software but hate the dark UI. I am 65 years old and my eyesight has aged normally since I first needed reading glasses in my fortys. It is simple physics. Bright lighting/screens are easier to focus on because the iris gets smaller. The dark screens, and especially the dark Widows menus, of the Affinity programs cause my irises to enlarge in an attempt to let in me light. This reduces the ability to focus making my eyes tire easily and the UI becomes blurred. Remember, I have perfectly normal eyesight for my age. I have used PhotoPlus, DrawPlus and PagePlus for many years and I must confess, for simple jobs, I revert to them because they are much easier on my eyes.

The online tutorials all seem to show Mac black on white drop-down menus which must be a delight to use. The white on Black Widows menus are a disaster. It is almost impossible to distinguish between white, active menu tools and greyed-out tools. Fiddling with the UI Gamma preferences is a waste of time.

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi SAntczak,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Light UI will be introduced in version 1.6. If you don't want to wait for the next retail update you can download/install the latest Betas from the respective section in the forums which already have it implemented.

I'm even older  than @SAntczak and like him I have used all the previous Serif products for many years and suffer from eyesight problems with the dark UI.

At 78 I am beginning to wonder if I will survive long enough to see the release of version 1.6 :)

4 minutes ago, PeanutsA said:

I'm even older  than @SAntczak and like him I have used all the previous Serif products for many years and suffer from eyesight problems with the dark UI.

At 78 I am beginning to wonder if I will survive long enough to see the release of version 1.6 :)

You're as young as you feel, right? Besides, I don't think the release is too far ahead. And as MEB mentioned, you can test what the new version will look like by trying out the beta. As long as you purchased Designer in the past, you are eligible for a free upgrade.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

16 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

You're as young as you feel, right? Besides, I don't think the release is too far ahead. And as MEB mentioned, you can test what the new version will look like by trying out the beta. As long as you purchased Designer in the past, you are eligible for a free upgrade.

Hi @Bri-Toon

I still feel pretty young and was just trying to cheer SAntczak up by showing him that he still has plenty of time left to wait for version 1.6.

I've already downloaded the beta but not installed as I have decided to wait for the 'official' upgrade, which I will qualify for as I was possibly one of the first to purchase the Windows version of both Affinity' - I've been so long with Serif I am on their first name terms "ring this guy with anything we've got to sell" list. :).

Don't tell anybody else but a 'friend' told me that 1.6 could happen with-in the next two weeks.

9 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Or as old! wheelchair.gif

From one old git to another -Thanks for that reminder Alfred :P