You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed to save document: ( Save failed because you do not have permission to create a file in that location )

PLEASE HELP

I recently updated my Mac OS to Monterey 12.1 and am now receiving the following error: 

Failed to save document:  ( Save failed because you do not have permission to create a file in that location )

As far as I can tell at this time
The error applies to all files, new or old, across all products Publisher, Photo, & Designer. 
The error applies to all save types, i.e. save, save as, save as package.
The error applies all disk locations.
Cannot export in any file format to any locations.

Have reviewed the forum for solutions and tried a number with no success. 

The applications have full disk access via: Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy / Full DIsk Access
I have reinstalled the applications 

Aside from the OS the only other change has been to the fonts being used. 
Mac OS removed all preexisting fonts from font manager "TYPEFACE" upon install and I had to reinstall and reimport all fonts.

I currently cannot use any AFFINITY applications to do any work.
Please let me know if there are any resolutions for this issue.

Thank you. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2022 at 6:58 AM, Lee D said:

@RB DESIGN Have you checked to see how many fonts are currently active on your system as @Brad Studio suggests as this can be due to Apple's sandboxing?

Which store did you purchase the apps from?

Hi Lee,

I had around 4,200 fonts active, it seemed when I dropped below 2,200 everything started working again.

HOWEVER, the other night I activated a new font and wouldn't appear in Designer not matter what I would do on my Mac Mini M1, but it would work in Publisher, which was purchased directly from Serif. I'm almost at the point of asking for a refund from the AppStore and buying the other two apps directly, which would solve these problems caused by Apple's restraints. 

• 6 months later...

I am getting the same message.  I opened the document the I am currently working on but It will not save nor export as a PDF.  (A four year old document will not open  -- again saying  I do not have permission.)  I have never has such an issue before with Affinity.  I am not what you would call a power user (but do NEED it) and, other than the most recent apple OS update (11.6.8) have not added anything since the last time I used it -- other than the upgrade there has been one restart for an unrelated issue.   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- even reloading the app.