You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.3.5.18 - RC8 GM3)

• Staff

I have a template that I always use.  Basically, it has one layer that I use as a background, a graphics layer, text layer and a border layer.  All that I had done was change the color of the background from white to blue and the text from blue to white (reversed from what it was created as.  I pressed command z rapidly to go back to the starting point and it crashed.  Attached is the crash report.

Just noticed that it does it with MAS version as well. 

I have sent a copy of my template to support@serriflabs.com for your review

Thank you! We'll take a look - it suggests it's something to do with changing the text colour, but we'll look into it further... :)

• Staff

How long does it usually take for the mac app store to update with the latest version of AD?

That's totally in the hands of Apple and how busy they are - sometimes things are hectic and you wait for up to a couple of weeks, other times they only take a few days - we just have to wait now, but I'm hoping it will be very soon (it has already changed status to say it's being reviewed, so hopefully it'll all go well and be out of review soon...)

I found a little… ¿bug?  (Bug hides in unsuspected places…)

I created a color palette with global colors and saved to desktop for archive.

If I import it to document palette, Cheers :lol: , all the color are there, global and so.

but if I import it as Application palette, to have it accessible in all documents, colors are imported as no global.  :wacko: .

Not sure if is a bug or deliberate.

Copy and past bug/feature request for AD:

using AD along with InDesign CS6 (until Affinity Publisher is out ;-) is a bit complicated by the fact, that copy and paste of simple vector objects does work between these two.

However, it does from AD to Illustrator (and other vector programs) and then from Illustrator to InDesign :-).

Would it be possible, please, to improve the copy/paste of vector objects so we can use them easily one InDesign?

Copy and past bug/feature request for AD:

using AD along with InDesign CS6 (until Affinity Publisher is out ;-) is a bit complicated by the fact, that copy and paste of simple vector objects does work between these two.

However, it does from AD to Illustrator (and other vector programs) and then from Illustrator to InDesign :-).

Would it be possible, please, to improve the copy/paste of vector objects so we can use them easily one InDesign?

I'm open to correction from the developers here, but as far as I'm aware InDesign doesn't support SVG, it only supports PDF, Ai, and EPS for vectors. So, for your request to work, Affinity would need to export the vector data to one of those formats on the fly, then save it to the clipboard.

Edit: You can try this, http://svg.scand.com, there's a trial version available.

In regards to the artboards solution I think artboards shouldn't be a tool but instead a context menu bar button that appears when nothing is selected (same as when the "Document Setup" button appears in the context menu) and maybe even a button similar to the add layer button but placed before the layer button to denote hierarchy. We should also be able to select the number of artboards we want to create, their sizes, and if we want to place them in rows and columns like a grid (similar to Sketch). I've attached a file to better demonstrate what I mean.

post-18886-0-68566900-1449633894_thumb.png

bug report:

In swatches palette, fills added with "Add current fill to palette" button does get deleted when right click menu "Delete Fill" is clicked.

This feature was correctly working for appstore release version.

I think something went wrong. When I right click a file and select OPEN WITH AFFINITY DESIGNER BETA (1.3.5.18) it opens in the stable version instead of the beta. So now I need to open the files directly from the menu in the beta instead... Anyone else experiencing this? In case you need any additional details, ask for them, I'll keep checking this thread :) 

• Staff

Hi Warriotox,

If you haven't updated already, you should find that Affinity 1.4 is waiting for you as an update in the App Store. This replaces your older 1.3 Affinity with the same functionality found in the most recent beta version. The beta version will no longer run after the update as it is unnecessary and does not differ in any way (apart from the version number!) ;)

Thanks,

Matt

I'm open to correction from the developers here, but as far as I'm aware InDesign doesn't support SVG, it only supports PDF, Ai, and EPS for vectors. So, for your request to work, Affinity would need to export the vector data to one of those formats on the fly, then save it to the clipboard.

Edit: You can try this, http://svg.scand.com, there's a trial version available.

Thanks for tip and info as well, interesting… I will definitely give it  a try. Only downside is the price of the solution.

Thanks for tip and info as well, interesting… I will definitely give it  a try. Only downside is the price of the solution.

Holy f*&%... I hadn't looked at the price. This is what happens when Adobe refuse to support standards for years on end.

I'll keep you in mind if I come across any other solutions.

I'm wondering why no one from the staff ever replied to what I posted about colour picker problems (check the previous page), while most trivial questions about the AppStore are being answered by staff or moderators almost immediately. It really discourages me to keep testing this software as I feel that I'm being ignored. 

One more problem I noticed was when I used trackpad to rotate the canvas. Now I've not idea how to reset the rotated canvas to it's initial view.

• Staff

Hi waveman777,

You are not being ignored. We are aware that some users prefer how the colour picker works in other apps and will eventually change/improve it. But there was other things taking priority. You can also access it pressing ⌥ (option/alt) and dragging the mouse a little when using the Brushes tools.

Regarding your question, just go to menu View ▸ Reset Rotation

Holy f*&%... I hadn't looked at the price. This is what happens when Adobe refuse to support standards for years on end.

I'll keep you in mind if I come across any other solutions.

I believe this topic will be around this forum for while and not just me is interested :-) any ideas how to easy the flow are wellcome, thanks.

Hi waveman777,

You are not being ignored. We are aware that some users prefer how the colour picker works in other apps and will eventually change/improve it. But there was other things taking priority. You can also access it pressing ⌥ (option/alt) and dragging the mouse a little when using the Brushes tools.

Regarding your question, just go to menu View ▸ Reset Rotation

Hi MEB, I'm sure you're going to improve the colour picker at some point, but meanwhile all we need is a shortcut to it which I believe is not a big deal, although I might be wrong. 

Anyway, the way it works now reduces efficiency dramatically, the tools are there but accessing them quickly is a pain. Being able to recolour multiple objects quickly is also crucial for illustration designers.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi MEB, I'm sure you're going to improve the colour picker at some point, but meanwhile all we need is a shortcut to it which I believe is not a big deal, although I might be wrong. 

Anyway, the way it works now reduces efficiency dramatically, the tools are there but accessing them quickly is a pain. Being able to recolour multiple objects quickly is also crucial for illustration designers.

Thanks

Hi waveman777.

As MEB have already mentioned, you aren't being ignored and we are aware of the problem. We do read all feedbacks and comments but we just can't reply to everything since we have a lot to do (although MEB does an admirable job. :) ) Unfortunately, it's isn't as simple as adding a shortcut key hence why it never made it to any of the betas. But be assured that you can look forward to something in the near future. I apologise for the delay.

AndyT

Hi waveman777.

As MEB have already mentioned, you aren't being ignored and we are aware of the problem. We do read all feedbacks and comments but we just can't reply to everything since we have a lot to do (although MEB does an admirable job. :) ) Unfortunately, it's isn't as simple as adding a shortcut key hence why it never made it to any of the betas. But be assured that you can look forward to something in the near future. I apologise for the delay.

AndyT

Big thanks Andy, many of us are really looking forward to it. 

All best

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.