You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ร—

Problem in Publisher with diacritics on characters

Im not sure where the original text was complied. It might have be possible to put it together in word, but I know a lot of the indic guys use Linux and other software, so its possible the originator did it on another system/software.

This is a book to be printed on Kindle Direct.
I usually export to PDF and upload etc.
Is there a way to export to PDF file (making sure the right version of the text is saved) that could then be uploaded to Kindle?

That would save so much time.
I really don't want to a add static graphics to every page, that would be such a pain.

I have Phantom Foxit software, but still need to get it from a .afpub to PDF.

Thanks so much for your efforts! Really helpful.

A ๐Ÿ™‚

1 hour ago, netera said:

Is there a way to export to PDF file (making sure the right version of the text is saved) that could then be uploaded to Kindle?

See above. That is what I just described.

And I just tested the Foxit PDF Editor Printer and it works too.

Sanskrit.to.Foxit.PDF.Editor.Printer.(YES).pdf

Sanskrit.to.Microsoft.Print.to.PDF.(YES).pdf

Hi and thanks for swift reply. This is interesting.

So it seems to work when itโ€™s an isolated text box, however when I export the whole book it does not seem to work.

I include 2x jpegs below which show the results on the actual book. I also attach 1x Pub file and the resultant PDF after print to export.

Any more thoughts as to what is happening will be gratefully received. This book is turning into a total nightmare :-).

Andrew

ย 

PDF file after export.jpg

PUB file before export.jpg

10x7-Interior-cut down.afpub 10x7-Interior-cut down.pdf

I've tried this a number of times now and its still not doing what you thought it should do.

If you do an isolated text box it converts into the correct text, if its on a page with other text boxes it remains the same.

Sorry, I know this is a pain, but if its possible to resolve it will same me a ton of work.

A ๐Ÿ™‚