You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyperlink inside text frame

tomii

I'm on the latest release of Publisher and I'm trying to create a url hyperlink inside a text frame. However, they don't seem to work properly after being exported to PDF.

It seems like when you make a single word a hyperlink, it doesn't work at all.

If you have a long url that spans multiple rows, only the first row is made into a hyperlink.

If you make the font so small it does not have to wrap to the next line, it works.

I'm on Windows 10.

I've not tried to disable hardware acceleration.

I have another hyperlinked text, that is outside a text frame, that is also multiline, that works.

The hyperlink is controlled by the insert Hyperlink image.png.1c1f2038996dd95a47160954ff2cdfb3.pngand can be applied to any object including text single words

image.png.932b84fa1f9a6bad0a04cf7d7bb3e72e.png

If you do not want it to show as a hyperlink you can select no style, but it will still be a hyperlink, if you do not want it to be a hyperlink you need to remove the url address

image.png.7957d3d28da6bf06b68ad07b8a2f14e8.png

You can also disable hyperlinks in your pdf export settings under more

image.png.d3d0beb790af5461cecd5279a88e4a90.png

Hope this helps

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

9 hours ago, tomii said:

Also, even if I delete the hyperlink inside the text frame and export the document as PDF, the text still ends up as a hyperlink.

That one may be caused by whatever application you're using to view the PDF. Some PDF viewers try to recognize URLs in the text and automatically turn them into working links. Other viewers don't, or may have options controlling it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @tomii,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we were extremely busy over the Christmas period and working from home during the pandemic is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

Can you please provide a sample .afpub or PDF file that shows this error? Unfortunately I'm unable to replicate this here currently.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)