You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Extracting/using Lens Flares (AD & AP)

I bought a pack of EPS lens flares from Depositphotos. I REALLY want them. However, I downloaded the file and while the letters saying what was included were in layers, the flares themselves are in a single image and can't be extracted in AD.

I have since discovered (right here in the forums, that this is an ongoing issue). However, since I'd already purchased them and it hadn't stated that the EPS files were specifically for AI or Corel Draw, Depositphotos agreed to help me out. They sent me an AI file (useless to me) an EPS file (still useless since the flares are in the single image), an SVG file, and a PDF file.

This was kind of them, but it still doesn't help me as I can't figure out how to *use* them. I can't simply copy them to single png files as they are embedded.

Does anyone know how I can isolate them? (I've tried tonal extraction but it's not satisfactory).

*tears more hair out*

TIA!

• Staff

Hi @Gignero,

Without seeing the files you are working with, its hard to offer advice for this.  Can you either upload a EPS, SVG and PDF file for one of your lens flares to our private Dropbox here or post a few screenshots showing the Layers panel for each of the formats, but uploading the files would be better :) 

• 2 weeks later...