You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

how to make overlapping text a different color or negative?

• Staff

Hi bpittenger03,

Welcome to the Forums :)

To change the colour of the overlapping text you will need to select it from the Layers tab a the righthand side  of the app. Then choose the colour you would like the text to be from the Colours tab which can be found just above the Layers tab :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi bpittenger03,

Welcome to the Forums :)

To change the colour of the overlapping text you will need to select it from the Layers tab a the righthand side  of the app. Then choose the colour you would like the text to be from the Colours tab which can be found just above the Layers tab :)

C

Thanks for the response and welcome!

I'm wanting the text to stay black except for where is overlaps, if that makes since?

bpittenger03,

If you have the beta then it sounds like MBd's suggestion would be the best way. If not you could copy and paste the text in place and change it to white so you then have a white copy on top of the black and in front of the curved shape you want it to overlap. Then use the curved shape to clip the white text. I think that should give you the appearance you are looking for.

bpittenger03,

If you have the beta then it sounds like MBd's suggestion would be the best way. If not you could copy and paste the text in place and change it to white so you then have a white copy on top of the black and in front of the curved shape you want it to overlap. Then use the curved shape to clip the white text. I think that should give you the appearance you are looking for.

Worked! Thank you. I'm assuming i don't have the beta since I purchased affinity in the app store. I'm extremely new to all of this.