You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Settings for Affinity Designer, XP-PEN Deco Pro SW in Mac OS

In my office, I have been using illustrator with a wacom tablet for the last three years and everything works well. But for my personal use, I decided to buy Affinity Designer and a XP-PEN Deco pro tablet, because of my budget. I'm also using a macbook pro 15 2016. If you are on this case, you may see that default settings are not well suited. It seems to me that there is a lot of causes for this. At least I can name two:

1. the entire conception of Affinity Designer with Design and Pixel Personas implies that you have a lot of shortcuts that you cannot find in adobe. 
  2. it seems that there is not yet a collaboration between xp-pen and affinity. Unfortunately, this companies are behind the reality of new creators in this postpandemic times. Guys, we don't have money ! If you are trying to develop products for us, you need to work together!!

Well, I am really far of being an expert, but I may contribute a little bit with you guys, if you are looking for some settings to make things happen :

First of all, I am only using settings on the PenTablet application (Version 3.2.3) :

• Pen Settings:
    • in the pressure adjustement, select the "soft" hardness
    • pen/eraser (this will only works in pixel persona) : customize input from keyboard => E
  • Shortcuts
    • "Move Tool" in Design Persona : Customize input from keyboard => B
    • "Pen Tool" in Design Persona : Customize input from keyboard => P
    • "Node Tool" in Design Persona : Customize input from keyboard => A
    • "Undo" : Customize input from keyboard => Command + Z
    • Default Settings for Space Hand Tool (K4), Save (K5) Show Control Panel (K7) and Switch Roller Function (K8) are working well
  • Roller/Touch :
    • Zoom: Command + / Command -
    • Rotate:  Option R / Option Shift R
    • Scroll (by default it is working as zoom): I didn't find a shortcut
    • Brush Size:
      • increase => [
      • decrease => ]
    • Touch: Mouse mode

All references you need to find your own settings could be found on Affinity Designer > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts

If you have some other ideas, I will be following this workaround.

All my best !

Edited by Billotinto

• 1 year later...