You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I need to be able to do this in Affinity Photo.

This is my first video tutorial. I am showing how to use Photoshop and 3ds Max to create a sign. This doesn't seem possible in Affinity Photo yet and that is one major reason I recorded this is to show what needs to be.

Nice video, but I don't think seriff will add this to Photo.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

Are you asking for APhoto to do what you can do in Photoshop, or that it should also do what you want in Photoshop and in 3ds Max?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

PaulEC I read your comment many times and I cannot understand what the second sentence means. The title of this thread is that Affinity Photo needs to be able to do this. I was referring to the spline portion. Unless you believe that Affinity would add about $3000 worth of code per license to do everything that a 3d program does.  

I mean if Affinity wants to take on Autodesk then go ahead. Would be a lot freaking cheaper to have Affinity Photo do 3d modeling than them.

26 minutes ago, ULTRA said:

I was referring to the spline portion.

But you didn't tell us that at the start.
You created a thread with the title “I need to be able to do this in Affinity Photo.” and supplied a video of over 5 minutes containing all kinds of things which were mostly 3D stuff.
If you don’t tell us what “this” actually means then how can we know what “this” means to you from everything that is in the video?
The more succinctly you specify your requirements the better people can respond to them.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:31 PM, ULTRA said:

PaulEC I read your comment many times and I cannot understand what the second sentence means. The title of this thread is that Affinity Photo needs to be able to do this. I was referring to the spline portion. Unless you believe that Affinity would add about $3000 worth of code per license to do everything that a 3d program does. 

Sorry, I wasn't sure that "this" only referred to the first 40 seconds or so of the video, which is why I asked the question. I'm afraid that I know very little about 3ds Max, so have no idea what it costs.

To be honest I was finding it a little hard to follow your "tutorial", with no commentary, a small image and just a mouse pointer shooting around the screen! It looked as though you were making a selection and then converting it to a path, which you then exported. You can't do this in APh, although you can do it the other way (path to selection).

Apologies for not being able to help.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

On 1/3/2022 at 1:35 PM, ULTRA said:

This is my first video tutorial. I am showing how to use Photoshop and 3ds Max to create a sign. This doesn't seem possible in Affinity Photo yet and that is one major reason I recorded this is to show what needs to be.

You can do that already in Affinity. You export the vector file as an SVG without rasterizing the vectors, then import the shape into whatever 3D program you desire. In Blender for instance the vector shapes are converted into curves which can then be converted into actual 3D geometry. I did this just the other day when I was working on a logo in 3D by using the Pen Tool to create my vectors and then exporting it to Blender as an SVG.