You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Major issue with frequency separation + healing brush

noxdiurna

Hi. 

I'm having a major problem on my M1 MacBook Pro and Affinity Photo. Without really being able to schematise the problem, it occurs quite often, I think related to the app performance. 

Basically, I make a frequency separation and try to work on the lower frequency layer. And suddenly the their image goes berserk. Not only that, I can't even undo whatever action that provoked it as going through the history doesn't help at all. 

Basically few hours of my work is just gone down the drain. I really need to get this problem solved as it's critical to my work (and anyone's work if the person is a professional and has dealines). 

• Staff

Hi @noxdiurna,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we were extremely busy over the Christmas period and working from home during the pandemic is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

Thanks for the screen recording provided, it looks as though the layer may be corrupted - however I'm not 100% certain of the cause of this currently.

Can you please navigate to Affinity Photo > Preferences > Performance and provide a screenshot of your settings here?

What version of macOS are you currently running?

Has this occurred in other documents, or only the one shown above?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Many thanks for confirming that for me and for providing this screenshot!

Can you please try unticking Hardware Acceleration at the bottom of this dialog, then restart the app as prompted and try editing once again - preferably with a new file.

Do you still see this issue occur please? :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)