You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.3.5.17 - RC7 GM2)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer
Mac App Store: Submitted
Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it. Please note that if you use features which are only present in the Beta version then save your document, it will no longer open in the Mac App Store version.

This is a Release Candidate and desperate last minute update build. It is our intention to submit this for review to Apple in the first week of December. Any help you could offer to stabilise and refine the product at this stage will be very gratefully received       :)  We won't be implementing any new features now for this version and we will be focusing on stabilising the product for the immediate future. We will obviously start adding more features again as soon as this update goes live.

Fixes

- Fixed colour profiling / conversion in all UI elements.

- Fixed terrible issues with everything going blue in Separated Mode.
- Fixed slow (very slow) export to Photos app using “Share” option.
- SVG Import - deal with rgba() declarations properly.

Hello, 

Sorry to notice this so late in the beta process, but I'm not sure if this is by design or an oversight, but the line pressure curves control for strokes only seems to work for lines created with the pen tool, I attempted to create variable width strokes from a line created with the vector brush but it has no effect whatsoever. 

I thought this would work because on the stroke palette, the option is active for me to do this, it's just non-functional, at least in this latest release.

Thank you.

post-414-0-31629100-1449215724_thumb.jpg

So many betas in one week, wow :-) You should take a break, drink a beer… or rather five of them :-)

There is still many issues with artboards, I would mention just two of them now:

– moving dartboard does NOT move the guides made on it, oh, yes, my beautiful guides stay away from my graphics now :-/

– my mac is still correcting artboards to dartboards, does anyone know how to stop my apple doing that? thanks :-)

• Staff

So many betas in one week, wow :-) You should take a break, drink a beer… or rather five of them :-)

There is still many issues with artboards, I would mention just two of them now:

– moving dartboard does NOT move the guides made on it, oh, yes, my beautiful guides stay away from my graphics now :-/

Thanks lexislav,

Issue logged.

• Staff

Hello, 

Sorry to notice this so late in the beta process, but I'm not sure if this is by design or an oversight, but the line pressure curves control for strokes only seems to work for lines created with the pen tool, I attempted to create variable width strokes from a line created with the vector brush but it has no effect whatsoever. 

I thought this would work because on the stroke palette, the option is active for me to do this, it's just non-functional, at least in this latest release.

Thank you.

Hi decimate555,

You probably have the Vector Brush Controller set to none in the context toolbar. Change to Pressure or Automatic to be able to apply pressure profiles to the strokes.

[EDIT] Issue logged to be looked at.

BUG

— can't edit Y coordinate in transform dialogbox (for an artboard). Also: Tab should move form X to Y to W to H (and NOT from X to W to Y to H — this is not logical).

EDIT:

after creating some artboards: editing the dimensions in the transform-box don't work (X/Y/W/H). Inputed numbers keep jumping back to initial number.

Edited by benjaminduall

after creating some artboards: editing the dimensions in the transform-box don't work (X/Y/W/H). Inputed numbers keep jumping back to initial number.

I've experienced this also.

EDIT: well that was close timing - great that it's logged.

Hi decimate555,

You probably have the Vector Brush Controller set to none in the context toolbar. Change to Pressure or Automatic and it should work.

Hey Miguel,

he's raising a good point, this has answered a question I've had for a while. It doesn't make sense having to set the controller before being able to change the profile for a brushed stroke, is there a technical reason for this? Can we move this to a new topic to discuss?

Customise Toolbars...

There is a problem with the dialog sheet here.

The buttons on the 5th row are half-visible.

The picture attached shows that.

Regards

post-192-0-02516900-1449240349_thumb.png

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• Staff

Customise Toolbars...

There is a problem with the dialog sheet here.

The buttons on the 5th row are half-visible.

The picture attached shows that.

Regards

That area in the panel is scrollable. It's not noticeable because you have your scrollbar hidden.

Hallo,

ich habe einen Bug in Affinity Designer, aktuelle Beta (1.3.5.17) gefunden:

Wenn ich unter Ansicht --> "Raster und Achsen konfiguriere" den Modus "Drei Achsen konfigurieren" verwenden möchte, so kann ich hier nur zwei Achsen definieren. Die dritte ist fest auf 90°. Jedoch kann ich die dritte Achse unter "Zwei Achsen konfigurieren" verändern. Jedoch hat dies beim Wechsel keine Auswirkung, daher leider kein Workaround.

Zur besseren Nachvollziehbarkeit siehe beiliegendes Bildschirmvideo.

Vielen Dank für Eure tolle Arbeit und den damit verbundenen Einsatz!

Newstone

----------
translated with Google Translator:

Hello there,

I've found a bug in Affinity designers, current beta (1.3.5.17):

When I view - "Configure grid and axes"> wants to use the mode "configure three axes", so I can only define two axes here. The third is fixed at 90 °. However, I can change the third axis "Configuring two-axis". However, unfortunately, this has no effect when changing, so no workaround.

For better traceability see attached screen video.

Thank you for your great work and the associated use!

Newstone

Bug.mov

Hi, I am happy like a child! Finally I can create print press ready files an I can import my old Illustrator projects on AD.

You guys are my heroes!

OK, there is only some little problems:  :P

- if I export on PDF/X-3 the shadows and the colors are OK, but if I export on PDF/X-4 the shadows and the colors are wrong (see images).

- I open my Illustrator file and AD recognize correctly the CMYK endebbed color profile, when I export it on PDF/X I select, in the advanced preferences, to use the file color profile; but when I open it in Illustrator (CS 5.1) it say me that there isn't any CMYK profile (see image).

Same if I chose, always on the advanced pdf prefereces, my desired color profile.

- I receive two warnings when I open this pdf's on Illustrator (see image). OK I try to traslate: first "I found an unknown shadow" - second "I found an unknown imaging construct"...

Bye

Paolo

post-116-0-99439900-1449242015_thumb.jpg

post-116-0-62029100-1449242020_thumb.jpg

post-116-0-47050400-1449242059_thumb.jpg

post-116-0-62902900-1449242064_thumb.jpg

post-116-0-48208300-1449242077_thumb.jpg

post-116-0-52291200-1449242078_thumb.jpg

I don't know if this is an RC7 issue.  But I've never seen it in other recent versions.

If I open the attached, zoom in so the image fills 3/4 of the screen, select all layers contained in the group Ruler.  Then in the Node tool draw a marquee around any assortment of nodes, only a few of the nodes are able to be selected this way.

The horizontal lines were made with the Power Duplicate.  Then the length of the entire assembly was stretched by pulling the center bottom handle using the Move tool.

Ruler.afdesign

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.