You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Global Toggle for Layer Effects Scaling (Scale With Object)

Loved the recent updates serif have been pushing for Affinity Designer, but I do have a very minor proposal for scaling with regards to layer effects.

Currently how they work is that the scaling will only apply to a specified layer, opening the panel with another layer selected will reset the toggle making the scaling independent between layers. This actually worked very well, no issues, but one drawback I find is that when working with an artwork with multiple layers and multiple effects there is a need to constantly check the toggle for each layer in order to make sure that the visuals stay the same in the event you find the need to resize.

The initial thought I have is maybe a global toggle that will apply to all layers would be a really awesome timesaver. But come to think of it, maybe it would be an even easier implementation if the panel saves the state of the toggle for every new layer after that? That way it's still independent for each layer, at the same time, if I am starting on an artwork and need to scale effects I could just toggle the option on the first layer and wont need to toggle each time a layer is created.

Layer Effects Panel.png