You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.17 - RC7 GM)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This is a Release Candidate (and desperate last minute update to the last GM!) build. It is our intention to submit this for review to Apple in the first week of December. Any help you could offer to stabilise and refine the product at this stage will be very gratefully received  :)  We won't be implementing any new features now for this version and we will be focusing on stabilising the product for the immediate future. We will obviously start adding more features again as soon as this update goes live.

Fixes

- Fixed terrible menu problems in localised UI.

- Fixed terrible colour profiling / conversion in all UI elements.

- Fixed terrible issues with weird orientation issues when using extensions with RAW files.

- Fixed terrible issues with everything going blue in Separated Mode.
- Fixed slow (very slow) export to Photos app using “Share” option.

- Improvements to Live Filters on embedded documents.

- Small improvements to Live Perspective filter.
- Improvements to Panorama Persona (especially with shots which span more than 360 degrees?!)
- SVG Import - deal with rgba() declarations properly.

Affinity Photo (RC7 GM) has a very hard time recognizing the rotation gesture when I'm trying to rotate the canvas. And when it does work, it feels much too slow. It's like a chore to get that canvas to rotate.

I thought it might just be the way I was doing it, but the rotation gesture is recognized near-instantly in the Preview app, and it feels very quick and fluid.

Am I doing something wrong, or have others noticed poor gesture recognition when using a trackpad?  Btw, I'm using the Magic Trackpad 2.

There might be a problem In the pano persona crop tool, sometimes when you hover on the crop frame you can’t select drag handles to set crop size.  It displays cross hairs which collapse the frame if used to drag or rotate arrows and the move crop icon only, both of which work as expected.  if reloaded and fiddled with it occasionally displays the vertical arrows and works as it should, I’ve tried CNTRL reset but alas to no effect.

• Staff

luke.clark,

This is intentional I'm afraid - we have had lots of complaints that the gesture was *too* sensitive - when people were zooming, they were accidentally rotating at the same time. Now it waits until you've rotated more than 15 degrees before it actually starts.

We've decided to roll with that for now, but we're open to changing it again in a future version.

Thanks,

Andy.

1. When Pen tool use as selection after layer crop and rotate, the selection area is not matched the precise location and size to it should be.

2. When occasionally press one of auto white balance, colors, contrast, and level during processing refine within selection, the red mask changed.

When customising the toolbar the buttons on the 5th row are half-visible.

Please see the picture attached.

Also, would it be possible to add a spacer to the options so that my additions are not adjacent to anything else.

Best regards 

post-192-0-73885400-1449241487_thumb.png

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Are these a list of the MAJOR updates or are these all the updates including minor fixes?

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This is a Release Candidate (and desperate last minute update to the last GM!) build. It is our intention to submit this for review to Apple in the first week of December. Any help you could offer to stabilise and refine the product at this stage will be very gratefully received  :)  We won't be implementing any new features now for this version and we will be focusing on stabilising the product for the immediate future. We will obviously start adding more features again as soon as this update goes live.

Fixes

- Fixed terrible menu problems in localised UI.

- Fixed terrible colour profiling / conversion in all UI elements.

- Fixed terrible issues with weird orientation issues when using extensions with RAW files.

- Fixed terrible issues with everything going blue in Separated Mode.
- Fixed slow (very slow) export to Photos app using “Share” option.

- Improvements to Live Filters on embedded documents.

- Small improvements to Live Perspective filter.
- Improvements to Panorama Persona (especially with shots which span more than 360 degrees?!)
- SVG Import - deal with rgba() declarations properly.

luke.clark,

This is intentional I'm afraid - we have had lots of complaints that the gesture was *too* sensitive - when people were zooming, they were accidentally rotating at the same time. Now it waits until you've rotated more than 15 degrees before it actually starts.

We've decided to roll with that for now, but we're open to changing it again in a future version.

Thanks,

Andy.

Andy,

Gotcha. That makes sense for those who don't really use the rotation gesture, and hence don't want it sneaking in uninvited.

However, when I'm using Affinity Photo to draw/paint, I want the rotation gesture to feel very sensitive and fluid. This rigid feeling that it currently has really pulls me out of the zone when I'm drawing.

In a future update, I hope you all will consider letting the user decide how sensitive the rotation gesture is.

• Staff

There might be a problem In the pano persona crop tool, sometimes when you hover on the crop frame you can’t select drag handles to set crop size.  It displays cross hairs which collapse the frame if used to drag or rotate arrows and the move crop icon only, both of which work as expected.  if reloaded and fiddled with it occasionally displays the vertical arrows and works as it should, I’ve tried CNTRL reset but alas to no effect.

Fixed in Photo Beta 1.3.5.18 GM3

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.