You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FX Panel - Toggle On & Off In Each Layer

I would like to have the FX panel to be able to be toggled on or off as a whole in each layer you have them on, so you can just click it on or off without going inside and disabling each effect.

This would obviously be good in all the Affinity apps.

Motto - STUPID HURTS!

1 hour ago, Timespider said:

Gee had my hand slapped there.

In fairness, it is part of the Guidelines for this part of the forum:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/52-feature-requests-suggestions/:

Feature Requests & Suggestions

Discussions about features that you think will make Affinity even better. Any suggestions about the software go in these forums

Suggestions, Discussions & Ideas

If you have any suggestions about how to make our apps better, please post them here. We read every idea which is posted, and in fact since launching Affinity we have added 100s of new features and improvements based on customer feedback

Just a few things to bear in mind:

• Please search first, it may well be that you have a suggestion that others also want. If so add your feelings to their thread.
  • If you cannot find your idea, make a new post. 

(With my highlighting.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

It wasn’t meant to be a ‘hand slap’, but more of a ‘nudge’ towards the guidelines (as mentioned by Walt).
The more threads we have which discuss the same thing the more the discussion gets diluted across those threads with important relevant information more-easily ‘lost’ between the threads.

Hi GarryP
I think it was fx panel but looking at the results I found since then (since you posted the others) I think I was in the general designer forum page.
I do search the forum quite a bit & do a lot of general browsing as well.
It was the middle of the night and I was buggered when I wrote that feedback, was doing some work & was getting frustrated enabling & disabling the FX, I have used the links you posted & added my bit to them too.

Motto - STUPID HURTS!