You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using Clone Brush rotation preview

Hello again!

I'm trying to hide the plastic bag on the table using the Clone brush tool to make an empty table. But the rotation preview is not helping..

When I change the rotation value of the clone tool preview to fix the table edge so that it maintains its “logical” curve, I get a crappy-looking preview near the rotation slider (which is half-hidden behind the controls) which is no help really.
Is there a way to show the rotated result preview where the table is??
*Maybe a keyboard shortcut to affect the slider, while my pointer is at the table-edge position (so I can get the preview where I need it, and simultaneously try rotation degrees using keys, so my pointer doesn’t have to leave the table edge so I can see what I’m doing)?

Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 10.59.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 10.41.14 PM.png

You're right, that is poorly placed. But you're in luck, there is a keyboard shortcut for rotating the clone brush - try using the Left and Right Arrow keys which will allow you to rotate the cloned brush while it's exactly where you want it. And the Up and Down Arrow keys will change the brush's size.

Good luck!

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

9 hours ago, MikeTO said:

You're right, that is poorly placed. But you're in luck, there is a keyboard shortcut for rotating the clone brush - try using the Left and Right Arrow keys which will allow you to rotate the cloned brush while it's exactly where you want it. And the Up and Down Arrow keys will change the brush's size.

Good luck!

Ok that sounds exactly like what is needed!! Will check it out!! THANK YOU!!