You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 1/18/2022 at 6:43 PM, Leigh said:

Unfortunately, our developers have stated in the past that we don't offer 100% of the features for Photoshop Plugins. I'm waiting to hear back from the lead Photo developer to see if he's planning to support Channel Port Suite in the future.

Hello! We were able to make plug-ins work in Affinity Photo on windows, but on Mac we have black window instead of plug-in interface. The same plug-in work well in Photoshop on Mac. Is there any example of Mac Affinity Plug-in? Or anyone who can help to solve the problem? 

It gets stuck in [app runModalForWindow:_winId];

Window loop doesn't start and I can't understand what's going wrong =(

18 minutes ago, Oleg Sharonov said:

Is there any example of Mac Affinity Plug-in?

The old NIK collection plugins (the free ones from Google) work fine in AP on Macs. I also have Jixi Spektrel Art installed, running as a test in unregistered mode, & while I cannot save any of the results of using the plugin back to the AD document, the plugin seems to work fine in its own window -- nothing is black, all the controls work fine, the presets can be applied, etc.

276067764_SpektrelArt.jpg.28ed9d8135e9e0f18f64135d41ee1274.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 6 months later...

Hello, @Oleg Sharonov! I was able to install some the demos for Retouch4Me (Windows version), and they were recognized as plug-ins by Affinity Photo (they are even available via Filters > Plug-ins). But when I select any of them, nothing happens.

Affinity Photo does indicate, in the History panel, that the plug-in was activated, but nothing really changes, nor does a window pop-up or anything like that.

Is it possible for this problem to be fixed? 

Edited by João Vítor Martins

7 minutes ago, João Vítor Martins said:

Hello, @Oleg Sharonov! I was able to install some the demos for Retouch4Me (Windows version), and they were recognized as plug-ins by Affinity Photo (they are even available via Filters > Plug-ins). But when I select any of them, nothing happens.

Affinity Photo does indicate, in the History panel, that the plug-in was activated, but nothing really changes, nor does a window pop-up or anything like that.

As far as I see, there should open a window for each of the filters of the plugin. Does anything appear in the task bar? Just for the case that you accidentally clicked it  to get hidden behind Affinity's GUI. If this is not the point, did you try a restart of Photo?

My only experiences with plugins in Photo are with the free G'MIC plugin. That works pretty good in Photo. But as far as I know, there is no warranty that all 8bf-plugins work with every image editing software.

12 hours ago, João Vítor Martins said:

Hello!

Not all plug-ins are updated yet, but at least Clean Backdrop should work. Can you try it? I currently have no Affinity Photo to test.

Thank you in advance!

3 hours ago, Oleg Sharonov said:

Hello!

Not all plug-ins are updated yet, but at least Clean Backdrop should work. Can you try it? I currently have no Affinity Photo to test.

Thank you in advance!

I installed the Clean Backdrop and it did open, but both the plug-in and Affinity Photo would crash/close as soon as Clean Backdrop reached 100%.

I tried Skin Mask, though, and it worked perfectly!

16 hours ago, iconoclast said:

As far as I see, there should open a window for each of the filters of the plugin. Does anything appear in the task bar? Just for the case that you accidentally clicked it  to get hidden behind Affinity's GUI. If this is not the point, did you try a restart of Photo?

Hey! Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. But following @Oleg Sharonov's advice, I installed the two most recent plug-ins from Retouch4me, and one of them did work perfectly. I suppose that it was mostly a coding problem with the other plug-ins.

But thanks for the tips anyway!

3 hours ago, João Vítor Martins said:

I installed the Clean Backdrop and it did open, but both the plug-in and Affinity Photo would crash/close as soon as Clean Backdrop reached 100%.

I tried Skin Mask, though, and it worked perfectly!

Hmm, that's strange. I've updated Clean Backdrop plug-in demo a few hours before you posted the answer, so only you know if there's a possibility you tried an old version. Anyway you can try again now. Otherwise it seems strange, cause all recent plug-ins share same code base for interacting with the host. Anyway, I'll update other plug-ins soon and will post here.

46 minutes ago, Oleg Sharonov said:

Hmm, that's strange. I've updated Clean Backdrop plug-in demo a few hours before you posted the answer, so only you know if there's a possibility you tried an old version. Anyway you can try again now. Otherwise it seems strange, cause all recent plug-ins share same code base for interacting with the host. Anyway, I'll update other plug-ins soon and will post here.

I installed again Clean Backdrop, but I'm still having the same problems. I also tested all other plug-ins, downloading them again from the website, and these are the results:

• Both Skin Mask and White Teeth worked well, with no apparent problems. (Although White Teeth took a longer time to process than any other).
  • Clean Backdrop and Fabric start normally, but when they load 100%, they crash and the AF closes completely.
  • For Dodge&Burn, Heal, Portrait Volume, Skin Tone, Eye Brilliance, and Eye Vessels nothing happens. But oddly enough, no window opened, nor was Affinity Photo frozen. It was as if I had already used the plug-in and was moving on with the retouching.

2141810866_Capturadetela2022-07-29151046.jpg.9406a17e9d790757b989378474289a56.jpg

But regardless of Retouch4me's compatibility with AF, I'm very much interested in getting the software, and I'm sincerely thankful for your attention!

5 hours ago, João Vítor Martins said:

I installed again Clean Backdrop, but I'm still having the same problems. I also tested all other plug-ins, downloading them again from the website, and these are the results:

• Both Skin Mask and White Teeth worked well, with no apparent problems. (Although White Teeth took a longer time to process than any other).
  • Clean Backdrop and Fabric start normally, but when they load 100%, they crash and the AF closes completely.
  • For Dodge&Burn, Heal, Portrait Volume, Skin Tone, Eye Brilliance, and Eye Vessels nothing happens. But oddly enough, no window opened, nor was Affinity Photo frozen. It was as if I had already used the plug-in and was moving on with the retouching.

2141810866_Capturadetela2022-07-29151046.jpg.9406a17e9d790757b989378474289a56.jpg

But regardless of Retouch4me's compatibility with AF, I'm very much interested in getting the software, and I'm sincerely thankful for your attention!

Thank you for such a thorough testing! I've updated Heal demo, can you please check if it works now?

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, fabpho.ch said:

Hi @Oleg Sharonov

I just came across your fantastic plugins. Since the last information was posted a year ago, I am curious whether the issues are solved. Do all retouch4 me plugins work with AP?

Hello!

Thank you for your appreciation of the plugins! It really what I'm striving for making them! =)

Yes, we've updated all the plug-ins to be compatible with Affinity, so they all work with one small (or maybe not so small) bug. If you try to drag or resize plug-in window, it crashes. We've already fixed it in some of the plug-ins, and other ones are waiting for the update. Otherwise it's completely compatible.

2 hours ago, Oleg Sharonov said:

Hello!

Thank you for your appreciation of the plugins! It really what I'm striving for making them! 😃

Yes, we've updated all the plug-ins to be compatible with Affinity, so they all work with one small (or maybe not so small) bug. If you try to drag or resize plug-in window, it crashes. We've already fixed it in some of the plug-ins, and other ones are waiting for the update. Otherwise it's completely compatible.

I've been trying to upgrade my 3D LUT Creator but Paypal isn't working on your site. Is there a work around? Missed your sale for that reason.

On 8/9/2023 at 10:06 PM, RichardMH said:

I've been trying to upgrade my 3D LUT Creator but Paypal isn't working on your site. Is there a work around? Missed your sale for that reason.

Hello! We've put 3D LUT Creator sales on pause, as current version isn't supported anymore, and we're currently working on second version. Still, if you really sure what you're doing, you can contact support using chat on the site and they will offer some workaround.

Sorry about missing the sale.

Oleg.

19 hours ago, Oleg Sharonov said:

Hello! We've put 3D LUT Creator sales on pause, as current version isn't supported anymore, and we're currently working on second version. Still, if you really sure what you're doing, you can contact support using chat on the site and they will offer some workaround.

Sorry about missing the sale.

Oleg.

Thanks. I'll wait for the new version. I did a course on 3D LUT Creator not long ago and he was using the pro version for some of it and I have the standard.