You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

group bounding box wrong (bigger than actual collection of objects)?

tariq

I often use the bounding box of objets or groups to align them.

I sometimes find the bounding box of groups to be larger than the actual collection of objects.

Is this a bug?

The attached screenshots show the group selected, illustrating the wrong bounding box ... and the individual objects in the group, showing the correct bounding box.

(I'm using the latest Apple Store Designer 1.10.4 on the latest MacOS 12.1)

Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 01.05.55.png

Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 01.05.51.png

This can occur if you have one or more objects in the group that have been rotated

If this is not the case, please upload the document to the forum

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

hi @carl123 - yes, some of the objects in the group have been rotated. Now that you mention it, I have seen this many times and thought it was a random glitch, but iirrc there were rotated objects.

Can I turn this behaviour off?

If not I think this is a bug because:

1. the bounding box is clearly wrong
  2. using the bounding box for alignment doesn't work anymore more

7 minutes ago, tariq said:

Can I turn this behaviour off?

No

But you can change it temporally. After selecting the group click the Cycle Selection Box icon in the context toolbar

This may help with the items 1 &2 you listed above.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 minute ago, carl123 said:

No

But you can change it temporally. After selecting the group click the Cycle Selection Box icon in the context toolbar

This may help with the items 1 &2 you listed above.

Thanks I will try that. 

If the default behaviour is not useful then surely it is a candidate for being listed as a bug and fixed. Is there a use that I'm not aware of?