You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a method carve / slice up a tif into equal parts

Hello and thank you in advance for any suggestions.  Bit of a newbie here.  I have all three desktop programs (photo, designer, publisher).

I have a single tif image which is a collage of 9 other images.....a scanned photo album page which had nine individual photos at 3" x 5" each.

My current workflow is to use the rectangle selection tool to select one of the 9 pictures, apply a mask, and export the selected area to a separate tif (with a separate name).  Then create a new rectangle selection over the second picture, export the selected area, etc.  This workflow requires that I do this process 9 separate times for each photo in the collage.  I have lots of these collages so I am hoping to find a different way.  I tried making a macro but it won't allow me to record the final step of exporting the selected area.

Is there any workflow that would allow me to for example, create a vector "grid" that I can place over the .tif and "cut out" each picture with one click of a button? Or anything else to reduce the steps involved?

Thank you!

lc

See this thread here and the way @Lagarto showed ...

... then you can export the resulting image layers via the Export Persona all to files! - You can make a and presave such a grid (in case all your TIFs and the collages are always of same size), so that you can reuse it. The self made grid/matrix can be saved in an Affinity file (for further usage via copy/paste), or even better as a reusable Asset then.

@Lisbon shows in the same thread there a way to draw the grid with a procedural texture, take also a look at that method!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2