You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Designer: increasing resolution of work in progress

I’d like to bump the resolution of a document I’m working on from 144 to 600 dpi. I can’t tell whether iPad Designer can do this or not. I’ve had one quit and a lot of seemingly nothing happening; perhaps the iPad is working on it.

Any suggestions on how best to increase resolution of a work already begun?

Thank you!

Just use the Resize Document command under the Document menu. Then click on the little white right arrow in the options displayed below to find the DPI input field. Hope it helps. Early Merry Christmas and happy new year!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

49 minutes ago, ronnyb said:

Just use the Resize Document command under the Document menu. Then click on the little white right arrow in the options displayed below to find the DPI input field. Hope it helps. Early Merry Christmas and happy new year!

That’s the method I’m trying- thank you. There’s no sign that the change has completed. I let it work on it for a half hour. No change. 

2 hours ago, VectorCat said:

That’s the method I’m trying- thank you. There’s no sign that the change has completed. I let it work on it for a half hour. No change. 

Try 300dpi first and see if that works.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

3 hours ago, VectorCat said:

You did Tap the Apply button? I've missed that too many times.... 😀

Otherwise it could be running out of memory? Try quitting all other running apps and closing all open Affinity documents to free up RAM

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I’d gotten it to 300 dpi (up from the initial 144). Could go no further this morning. No feedback / app quits.

Tried again, this time just waited for the interface to “blink.” Checked the resolution and it’d been increased. Tried again and another increase. Got it up to 600dpi, which was my goal.

I was waiting for the “Apply” button to get a blue ring around it; that never happened. The blink seems to be the tell.

Thank you