You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You're in the Swatches panel, so you're seeing Swatches. View > Studio > Color should enable the Color panel, which has what you want. But you won't see everything in that panel until you have a document open.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

19 minutes ago, westlin said:

it does not work yet

Jeg er nødt til at forklare mig bedre, den skal sidde fast på det sted, hvor de ternede farver er,

fordi jeg har trykket på noget, og jeg kan ikke få det tilbage

Brug menuen Visning
Gå til Visning > Studio > Farve

Use the View menu
Go to View > Studio > Colour

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

29 minutes ago, westlin said:

Jeg er nødt til at forklare mig bedre, den skal sidde fast på det sted, hvor de ternede farver er,

fordi jeg har trykket på noget, og jeg kan ikke få det tilbage

The default is that both the Color and the Swatches panel are there. you have simply removed the Color panel, and you can restore it using View > Studio > Color as I mentioned (and as Bruce mentioned).

You will never have the color wheel in the panel named Swatches, and you never had it there.

What you have:

image.png.9e84f18518e2aebdf6842e9c8d062041.png

What you want:

image.png.132920302fd3cb348a81d3d26b642f8f.png

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

44 minutes ago, westlin said:

yes I have had the color wheel and I do not have that tab, if you now look at my picture that I have posted

The Swatches panel, which you showed (and I showed) never has the color wheel. It is always patches of color, as we both showed.

You need to get there Color panel back to have the color wheel.

If View > Studio > Color does not work for you, try View > Studio > Reset Studio. Then look in the tab labeled Color.

-- Walt
PC:

• 3 weeks later...

In PHOTO v.10 I never get the former color wheel, but only the attached screenshot.

The same after resetting the studio using View > Studio > Reset Studio

Is there a way to switch back to the color wheel?

Regards
Ulli

colorselection.jpg

Ulli

Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.10 
OS Windows10 Home
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600-6-Core-Processor
32 GB RAM
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

13 minutes ago, UlliF said:

Is there a way to switch back to the color wheel?

Go to the Panel Preferences menu (das Menü „Panel-Einstellungen“).

https://affinity.help/photo/de.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Panels/clrPanel.html?title=Das Panel "Farbe" (nur für die Photo Persona)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Click on the multiline thing in the top right corner.

1225248866_ScreenShot2022-01-06at7_39_32AM.png.a98d445c89874f12bbb8663d7a75c684.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thank you, the color wheel is back.
Note: I misunderstood the Help when it says "color wheel only for HSL" but it works also in RGB modes.

Regards
Ulli

Ulli

OS Windows10 Home
32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, UlliF said:

Note: I misunderstood the Help when it says "color wheel only for HSL" but it works also in RGB modes.

You can switch between the colour wheel and RGB (decimal or hexadecimal) sliders, but the wheel is always HSL. The ring lets you choose the Hue (H) value and the triangle lets you choose the Saturation (S) and the Luminance (L).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

21 minutes ago, Alfred said:

You can switch between the colour wheel and RGB (decimal or hexadecimal) sliders, but the wheel is always HSL. The ring let’s you choose the Hue (H) value and the triangle lets you choose the Saturation (S) and the Luminance (L).

Now I understand the behaviour. If you want to set or verify the RGB values directly you must have sliders .
Thank you.
Greetings to Scotland
Ulli

Ulli

OS Windows10 Home
32 GB RAM

3 hours ago, UlliF said:

If you want to set or verify the RGB values directly you must have sliders .

There is another way that works with any of the Color panel display modes:

Double-click on either of the large color wells in the panel. That opens the Color Chooser window, which has a popup offering 7 choices for the left of the display (one of which has RGB sliders) & 4 sets of color numeric entry fields on the right, two of which are for entering RGB values (one in decimal & the other in hex notation).

This window's display settings are independent of those of the Color panel, so for instance it is possible to leave the Color panel set to display the Color wheel & use the Color Chooser to set values numerically.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

12 hours ago, R C-R said:

There is another way that works with any of the Color panel display modes:

Double-click on either of the large color wells in the panel. That opens the Color Chooser window, which has a popup offering 7 choices for the left of the display (one of which has RGB sliders) & 4 sets of color numeric entry fields on the right, two of which are for entering RGB values (one in decimal & the other in hex notation).

This window's display settings are independent of those of the Color panel, so for instance it is possible to leave the Color panel set to display the Color wheel & use the Color Chooser to set values numerically.

After I found out, what color wells could be (is it OK what the attached graphic colorwells.jpg shows?) I clicked on such a well and got colorselection.jpg. This is fine. 
Thank you and greetings to Texas.

colorwells.jpg

colorselector.jpg

Ulli

OS Windows10 Home
32 GB RAM

6 hours ago, UlliF said:

After I found out, what color wells could be (is it OK what the attached graphic colorwells.jpg shows?)

Yes, those are often called color wells, I suppose as some sort of metaphorical equivalent to an inkwell. They are also sometimes called color swatches, but I prefer to call them wells to avoid confusion with the square color swatches in the Swatches panel. Officially, the Color Panel help topic calls them "color selectors," but I rarely if ever see them called that in these topics.

BTW, if you customize the Tools panel via View > Customize Tools... to show 2 or more columns, you also get that pair of color wells on the Tools panel.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

BTW, if you customize the Tools panel via View > Customize Tools... to show 2 or more columns, you also get that pair of color wells on the Tools panel.

The screenshot I made was from Tools Panel 🙂
Thank you for your ideas of color wells.

Ulli

OS Windows10 Home
32 GB RAM