You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug: SVG transform property isn't handle right

X-Raym

Original title :

SVG with shape croping doesn't open right

Hi,

I'm not sure my thread title is the correct terminology, but the bug is simple to reproduce, so it might lead to the real source of the issue.

So there is this SVG design here:

320px-Aperture_Laboratories_Logo.svg.png

Unfortunately, it doesn't right in Affinity Designer (1.11)

dRk4YF0.png

The left shape contains several cropping and this doesn't get displayed as expected.

Note that FireFox displays it just right, and Illustrator open it right as well.

Thanks for taking a look!

EDIT: croping doesn't seems to be the issue but transform SVG seems to be (check discussion below). Thread renamed accordingly.

Edited by X-Raym
change title

I think part of the problem may be that the Affinity applications can’t handle the “transform=rotate()” attribute properly, e.g:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/51530-importing-svg-in-designer/&do=findComment&comment=829517
Because of this, in some areas of this design the clipping mask has been moved away from the thing it is clipping.
For example, open the SVG in Designer and look at the each of the layers selected in my screenshot individually – the curve is nowhere near the clipping mask.

Screenshot 2021-12-19 094216.png

29 minutes ago, GarryP said:

For me this was slightly different though. The image above (and several similar ones using masking/cropping to a shape) were created in AD and then exported to SVG and as SVGs they worked fine. The issue now is when reading the SVG back into AD. I (stupidly?!) didn't save the AD files as I thought the SVGs would be adequate should I need to make any mods later so I've no reference to compare with. All the ones with masks fail to load correctly. So my issue is with import rather than export.