You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Christmas cards 2021

William Overington

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy Christmas and New Year.

Lucia 01A(CC).jpg

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Following a discussion in the thread

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/154592-some-people-have-a-disability-detecting-colours/

I have produced a new version of the card that is in the first post of this thread.

598219267_WishingyouaPeacefulChristmas2.png.9da3b743c1a253d53612982a6dfef3b3.png

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

4 minutes ago, William Overington said:

I have produced a new version of the card that is in the first post of this thread.

Hmm, personally I would try to give the colorings some sort of more atmospheric xmas flair. Meaning try some darker still readable colors, think of what makes and gives more of a christmas feeling here in terms of colors too. Aka maybe think of christmas trees, white snow, santas red dress, darker snow with yellow stars nights etc. and compose some matching still good readable colors out of that then. - When I look at the above choosen card colors, nothing of that gives me some xmas specific association here, these could also read "happy birthday" or the like (well hope you get what I mean).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

With many thanks to so many Forum members who have patiently taught so many of us!  And especially to @Affinidesigner for the Subtle Sharpening macro (Resources), to @AdamStanislav for his elegant Modrina LUT (Resources), for the Falling Snow assets by Paper Farms, for the original image (Stephen-ellis-bc5UDvKty7M-unsplash) which I cropped, for the deer image I found somewhere ages ago and stored "just in case," for the little red cardinal who was sitting on my garden fence, and for Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer, which are a joy to use every day.  Happy New Year, everybody!!

1618386541_deerforAffinityforum.jpg.8be6d48fe7bd88b1291824a527b47f94.jpg  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! 

This year, I decided to create a new update on my Christmas graphic design from 2018, and I gave it a 1950s retro look with the old comics visual style.

I kept the same font but changed its colour palette and graphic display. Then two layers of textures were added to create that vintage look of midcentury printed comic magazines. 

Boas Festas! Happy Holidays! 

Christmas 21 _ Vintage Comics.jpg

10 hours ago, William Overington said:

What does the word FELIZ mean in Portuguese please?

Presumably comes from the Latin felix, which means lucky. But it probably also means happy. At least in Slovak, šťastný means both, lucky and happy. And we say Šťastný nový rok, meaning Happy New Year as well as Lucky New Year. So, perhaps feliz means more than one thing, too.

Merry Chrimbo to all on the forum - same forum card as last year, but figured it's always nice to post something christmasy on the run up

Happy and prosperous new year to all users, serif staff and families  

679206904_Affinitycrimbo.thumb.jpg.e47a766f498a895b9628e05d496b4aea.jpg

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Hi again @William Overington

Just like @AdamStanislav said "Feliz" originates from the Latin word "Felix" and it can be used as happy or merry. 

Actualy, in anglo-saxon languages this word gave origin to words as felicitate, felicitations, felicity, etc. In Portuguese "feliz" is pronounced [felish] like it was being said by someone from Scotland. 

Happy New Year! Happy Holidays! 

• 8 months later...