You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Are there any Affinity Design pros in Southern Florida?

I am a moderator on another forum. All forums are plagued by unwelcome visitors (spammers and phishers). You will be unaware of them as they are being dealt with behind the scenes, but it is still possible for your E-mail to be harvested. You should remove it from public view, because that's where it is, visible to anyone, or any spider or bot, that comes this way. Nothing posted here is private or secure.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

Harvesting bots are clever.

It would be more sensible to ask anyone interested in helping you to message your privately here and then share your contact details that way.

You have two identical threads: I suggest you remove E-mail and FB contact data from both ASAP.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

Michael Tronn: Your post could be interpreted a number of ways so you might be better-off explaining why you want to contact other people.

For instance, if you intend to make something that will ‘showcase’ what the Affinity software can do then Serif might be interested in giving some assistance.
On the other hand, if you are soliciting work from people then that could be going against the rules of the forums, see attached image.

An explanation of what you are doing should make things clearer and avoid misunderstandings.

Screenshot 2021-12-18 093923.png

@GarryP Thank you! I have changed it to: 

Hello. I'm looking for Affinity Design pros to help me realize my vision for an art and animated project. I am looking to showcase the hardware and artistry of colleagues and I am finding them quite rare in the US. Any help or intros would be appreciated.

@Michael TronnYou are just repeating yourself. You need to address the concern raised directly. Repeating what you have already said doesn't add any clarity. :)

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.

33 minutes ago, Michael Tronn said:

I will be showcasing the wares of AD fabulously!

You talk about wanting to learn from members whose skills are beyond yours, yet you have given no indication of the level you are at. Perhaps if you show people what you have achieved, then they can gauge whether or not they can assist. I really don't know what "showcasing the wares of AD fabulously" is meant to convey.

Bottom line: as long as you are not offering to pay anyone or promote yourself through this, then you are OK. Why not simply answer that question to put our minds at ease?

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.

@AliI have to be honest, your comments are VERY CONDESCENDING. THAT SAID.... people who are advanced know it. I have a design in my head that only an advanced person would be able to do. If that is not you, there is no need for you to keep criticizing me. Maybe in the UK there are loads of AD experts but here there are almost none. In fact, everyone I tell about Serif and the Affinity programs has never heard of them. I have done the entire AD workbook, but it barely scratches the surface. There are people who know they are advanced and are willing to help or not. It's obviously not you, so I cannot fathom why you have taken the time to keep correcting what I am saying to everyone else. Please help politely or don't, but please stop with the nit-picking. Thanks ever so much.

@Michael Tronn I am sorry you find my comments condescending - they are not meant to be. I was not impolite, and I was not nit-picking, correcting or criticising, merely trying to clarify what help you are looking for. Good luck with your request.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.

On 12/18/2021 at 1:02 AM, Michael Tronn said:

Thanks. Since you seem to know about this, is it ok to have it be like this: michael (at) michaeltronn dot com

I would say that there is a small chance that it will be harvested, so maybe edit that out. The best way would be to use the Send Message button t send a message to the person you are wanting to talk to.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

17 hours ago, Michael Tronn said:

I have a design in my head that only an advanced person would be able to do.

I think this has already been mentioned, but you will probably get better responses if you explained more about the kind of design you want help with. As it is now, there are too many different areas of the design process a person might consider themselves not to have any advanced knowledge of, even though they might have tons of it in other areas, to know if they are who you are looking for.

It might also help if you explained a bit more about what kind of help you want, like if you want to find someone local to your area that could meet with you in person (maybe dicey because of Covid), if you want help learning how to do whatever your design idea requires or for them to implement some or all of it for you, or anything else that might better clarify what specifically you are looking for.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7