You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta 1.3.5.16 (RC6 - GM)

Strangely enough, I can confirm what Signguy says … not saying, that Signguy wrote something strange, but that I had the impression this worked in earlier versions …  :unsure:

(It’s often possible to type in the first value (width or height), but when attempting to type in the second one, the input field acts unruly …)

EDIT Deleted attachment. Issue already logged. Sorry.

To add this … when you convert your art board to curves, the next attempt to enter a transform value is usually successful. Even if you convert an art board to curves, that has already been converted to curves …  :unsure:

• Staff

Strangely enough, I can confirm what Signguy says … not saying, that Signguy wrote something strange, but that I had the impression this worked in earlier versions …  :unsure:

(It’s often possible to type in the first value (width or height), but when attempting to type in the second one, the input field acts unruly …)

@A_B_C

That one was already logged but wasn't fixed yet.

With this version, my entire SVG export is being rasterized and I have no idea why.  Version 10, the previous version I was on, didn't have this problem.

Does it have a big embedded document? We had enough bugs with exporting embedded documents that we reverted to the Mac App Store behaviour of rasterising them.

Does it have a big embedded document? We had enough bugs with exporting embedded documents that we reverted to the Mac App Store behaviour of rasterising them.

Yeah, these documents are composed of many other embedded afdesign documents.

That's a shame, as the Mac App Store behavior causes my SVGs to all be 3-10x larger, since they're entirely rasterized... and that's at pixelated garbage resolution. Would it be possible to get a link to the last beta version that used the new export method?  .15?  I really depended on that much decreased export size.

Hi Daemonchile,

If you are dragging/placing it over the artboard in the canvas yes. It changes hierarchy.

Affinity artboard's implementation is  diferent from Illustrator where layers are independent from artboards.

For more info please check Affinity Designer Help ▸ Artboards.

Does that exist yet? I can't find it. Do you have a link?

Thanks.

• Staff

Interestingly, I'm not seeing the artboard width/height problems in the Transform panel that you're describing?... Is there a trick to make it start  happening or is it always wrong?

EDIT - Ha, okay, now I've watched the video I can make it go wrong too - I'll look into it, but it's... odd!?

One more request. :) From a UI perspective we still have a little ways to go with guides. Now that guides are artboard-specific it's quite frustrating that guides don't actually move with the artboard—if I need to rearrange a set of artboards, all of my guides are lost. :/ Also it would save lots of time to be able to drag/select/copy/paste/delete guides. If they are artboard specific though that makes it a bit trickier as they can't be selected in the pasteboard area, away from art elements.

• Staff

One more request. :) From a UI perspective we still have a little ways to go with guides. Now that guides are artboard-specific it's quite frustrating that guides don't actually move with the artboard—if I need to rearrange a set of artboards, all of my guides are lost. :/ Also it would save lots of time to be able to drag/select/copy/paste/delete guides. If they are artboard specific though that makes it a bit trickier as they can't be selected in the pasteboard area, away from art elements.

Hmm, that's not deliberate - it sounds like a very easily corrected bug, but we'll have to see how it looks in terms of uploading to Apple in time for the update... We're already risking quite a lot that it'll get reviewed fast enough to meet our deadline, so I'm not sure we can risk putting it back again by submitting another build (we submitted RC7 earlier today - it'll appear on here in a few minutes in theory...)

Do you have the leading (either per-paragraph or per-character) or the space above/below paragraph set to a large number?

Yes! The "Leading Override" value in Character panel was set to large number (above 21000 pt).

Pheeeww... I feel like I could use some kind of tutorial on this...

Anyway, thanks so much for help!

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Rendering of dashed stroke seems to have some issues. Note the carved piece in the left corner...

post-3178-0-55560600-1449178221_thumb.png

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.