You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta 1.3.5.16 (RC6 - GM)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements / Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer
Mac App Store: Submitted
Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it. Please note that if you use features which are only present in the Beta version then save your document, it will no longer open in the Mac App Store version.

This is a Release Candidate build. It is our intention to submit this for review to Apple in the first week of December. Any help you could offer to stabilise and refine the product at this stage will be very gratefully received      :)  We won't be implementing any new features now for this version and we will be focusing on stabilising the product for the immediate future. We will obviously start adding more features again as soon as this update goes live.

Improvements / Fixes

- New samples and artist screens

- Marching ants work properly when the canvas is rotated

- Fix for HSL adjustment occasionally showing blown values

- Stability fix for undo of layer re-ordering command saved in document history

- Escape should now exit the blend options dialog

- Snapping grids should act reliably in different artboards now

- Fix for bitmap fill when applied to a pixel layer

- Fix for path text having an invalid bounding box

- Miscellaneous localisation fixes

After clearing all of AD beta settings, I now only have the three color palettes that are provided with the program (Grays, Colors, and Gradients).  Opening AD defaults to first on on the list (Gray). However when I create a new document, Now I get a new document palette from a previous palette that was deleted and not even currently installed or imported into AD. 

Where would it be pulling this profile in from?

I even deleted the Beta and reinstalled.  It still creates a new document palette with a previously named palette that does not exist within the Beta.

EDIT:  It must be pulling it in from a library file.  I discovered that it could be changed by Setting as default for RGBA/8.

Also, If I delete all the palettes and then import my preferred palette first and then import the grays,colors and gradients palettes, Affinity Designer will now default to my preferred color palette.  I still think that there should be a way to set a default palette or allow them to be re-ordered.

• Staff

Have you received any problem report about zooming an object outside Artboards yet?

(try to zoom-in the star from my attached file)

Hi predick,

This is acting like a normal (non-artboard) document - you are only allowed to zoom to within a certain area of the document's bounds - it's just that the document's bounds are determined by artboards in this case... I can certainly look at it in the future, but it's acting as I expected... I didn't want the user to get in the scenario of just being panned a huge amount away from the nearest artboard?

Thanks,

Matt

Ok so having tried the .16 version twice and my laptop crashing I reverted to my "normal version" and the same thing happened! This has only happened since I downloaded and used the beta. Yosemite, only 4GB RAM but that's never been a problem for either Affinity programme before.

Oh, there seems to be a nasty bug when hitting Enter after a line in Art Text tool.

The next paragraph is pushed down by about twice the height of the document :(

EDIT: Specific to Designer only, Photo works fine. Also the distance of the second line of text does not depend on document height, but rather on font size.

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

I get a recurring crash with multiple different documents when exporting a PNG via file menu. PNG is saved but AD dies doing it. Documents have placed images, resolution is around 2048x2048.

Edit: not that recurring - didn't happen now for three times in a row.

OSX El Capitan 10.11.1 / Macbook Pro 15"

Oh, there seems to be a nasty bug when hitting Enter after a line in Art Text tool.

The next paragraph is pushed down by about twice the height of the document :(

EDIT: Specific to Designer only, Photo works fine. Also the distance of the second line of text does not depend on document height, but rather on font size.

Do you have the leading (either per-paragraph or per-character) or the space above/below paragraph set to a large number?

• Staff

Hi Daemonchile,

If you are dragging/placing it over the artboard in the canvas yes. It changes hierarchy.

Affinity artboard's implementation is  diferent from Illustrator where layers are independent from artboards.

For more info please check Affinity Designer Help ▸ Artboards.

I'm unable to change the Width/Height of an Artboard using the Transform tool.  I can only drag its corners.  This doesn't help in making precision artboards.  I can create a rectangle in the pasteboard and then convert it to an artboard but again, once it is created, you can not use the transform tool to change is dimensions.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.