You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

By Brian O'Hara.  I'm the Sec/Treasurer of a children's charity (https://futurefitjuniorfieldgun.co.uk/)  Periodically I create a Newsletter and send it to schools - no problem.  However, I then ask a friendly printer to make hard copies, which they do at no cost.  However, my latest Newsletter has been returned with the following instructions:

It all needs to be A3 spreads.

You have sent the cover single portrait, the inside of the booklet Landscape, the back cover single and portrait.

All pages need to be landscape and set up as your middle pages, I hope that makes sense to you.

My problem is that when I created a new document I chose A4.  Now I'm being asked for the above.  It should be quite simple, but I'm having difficulty.  Can you advise, please? Document attached.

Dec.21.afpub

I think when you export to PDF, for the print shop, you need to use the All Pages instead of All Spreads option. No need to redo the file.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

I am maybe wrong as this is not my day today, but how should that be printed with 10 pages that way?

Five single sheets of paper double sided, or ten sheets of paper single sided. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I think your printer is asking for a ready to roll pdf that can just be lobbed in a print queue and run, so your best option is to print direct from Affinitys print dialog to pdf as booklet and select A3 page size.

Your problems are: for a workable booklet (that I'm guessing your print person expects) needs either 8 or 12 pages to be paginated properly, with the current document you'll get 2 blank pages when printed and folded also I ran a quick pdf booklet as described above, and viewed in acrobat and it's showing your black text is over 340% ink density, rather than a single solid 100% black, which if run on a digital press or copier shouldn't be too much of a problem but you may have all you type sitting proud on the final output to the point you can scrape it off the page with a fingernail, you're print person may also be a little miffed that, as a freebee, they will be using nearly three times more toner than necessary. see attached   

Dec.21.pdf

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk