I've been working with the latest beta and especially with the off-center rotation. Awesome job and this kills probably the last reason I was still using Illustrator (as I use Inkscape for path tracing). So I've been putting together some mandalas as test and noticed I am using the same (or similar) type of FX on multiple items. At this point I'm replicating the FX by switching between layers and typing in the values as I switch.

I would love to be able to drag the little FX icon onto a different layer or group to move. And using Alt as modifier to copy it.

Or some other option to make my workflow easier.

If there's already such a thing, I'm sorry for requesting this.

What about creating a custom style, motoko? Or just copy your source object, select the target object and choose Edit > Paste Style …? But be aware that this will copy all of your object attributes …  :)

So your idea is great … the Layers list could do so much more …  :)

Cheers, Alex

Right, never thought of that, although I usually go back and adjust stuff (both source and target FX resulting in re-alignment) as the project evolves and I feel that a simple drag / drop would be more efficient. I do think your suggestions might actually speed up things for me though. So thanks.

First of all, I am sorry ahead of time if I'm going to sound silly. I'm wondering why you don't use the Edit - Paste FX command? It isn't a dragging function, but seems to be exactly what you asked for, unless I missed something. 

I apologize if I have misunderstood the question entirely. 

Yes, that works like a charm indeed. Thanks for that.

To clarify, I have been very spoiled in terms of workflow and drag and drop. For the past 6 year I have been alpha- and beta testing a new Digital Audio Workstation that had a super smooth and lightening fast workflow. Even complex tasks never required to open any menu and everything was set up to be (also) drag and drop. The key was that you would never need to switch focus from the creative flow to think about menu items etc. Now that I'm switching to more graphical work I find myself needing to re-adjust my workflow to new software.

Ah, I thought you were talking about Affinity Designer … unlike in Photo, the Edit > Paste FX command is not available here … 

Would you mind to add it here as well, Andy?  :)

Cheers, Alex

post-1198-0-95574300-1449044612_thumb.png

Ha ha... Confusion all around. I was talking about Designer, but for now Edit > Paste Style works well enough. Thanks.

I'd have to echo this. It would be really useful to have Copy and Paste FX in Affinity Designer as well. I often don't want to copy the styles, e.g. when adding drop shadows or glows to objects. Especially when you have a multitude of FX applied it's a relief to be able to just paste it.

Ha ha... Confusion all around. I was talking about Designer, but for now Edit > Paste Style works well enough. Thanks.

A copy paste font and o paragraph style would be much appreciated too.

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info