You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Toolbar Icon Ideas

VectorVonDoom

I need to think of a style for non-outline, non-flat, non-boring toolbar icons. They need to work down to 16x16 and as SVG's in addition to PNG's. The SVG's can't be too complicated. So I was thinking that my favourite were Office 2007/2010 and perhaps an updated and simplified version.

For a list of reasons I can't use AD unfortunately but it's fine for mocking up ideas. So here's a few in the largest size I'll be doing. Overall good, meh, horrible?Untitled.png.039385ccc00838d30b347f0812c84421.png

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

Thanks. There is a palette, it the MS Fluent one although I’m not using much of it at the moment. I shall have a play after lunch and see how it looks that way (might keep a purple save, we’ll see!). I need to be careful and not to do a MS and end up with 75% of them blue like they’ve done with their icons.

If you want boring then the current Office ones will make you happy!

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

I do have an Office license but actually use LibreOffice these days, no spying on you for starters. Think probably purple for save, easy to spot without really looking as it's often the only purple icon but blue looks ok. The magnifying glass handle didn't look great so I used the folder... outline colour. 

These are 1/2 size, 40px.  

Office Toolbar AD 2nd.png

Marc

ArtByMarc.me