You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I cannot say that this problem started with upgrade to v 1.10.4.1198 because I haven't been editing for a while. But over the past 3 days, I upgraded and then have been working a lot on a project. I am finding frequent crashes are biting at my ankles.

It is interesting, because it seems what has failed is response to clicks, attempted selections, etc. But the menu responds. But anything I try to do through the menu does not work. It's like everything is frozen except for opening and making selections on the menu, but nothing responds.

So here is how I am using the program which is making this happen: I am using it somewhat like Adobe Illustrator. I will put a rectangle on the screen, use the points ruler to make certain sizes, move it to a place, put a text box on top and group. Later I may edit the size of the box. etc. I have been finding this freeze problem often. Once in a while it will have a auto saved version for me to open, but it does not offer that up unless I try to open the file I was working on.

Any thoughts? Should I roll back to a previous version? (Not sure best method to do that).

It would probably help to know for which Affinity app and under which used OS you encounter the crashes here?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 12/12/2021 at 10:35 AM, v_kyr said:

It would probably help to know for which Affinity app and under which used OS you encounter the crashes here?

Sorry. I thought I had my app listed in my sig. Affinity Photo, on Windows 10.

On 12/12/2021 at 4:00 PM, RichardMH said:

Turn OpenCL acceleration off if it is on (the default) Edit->Preferences->Performance.

Another strange thing, I uninstalled the version I had, and installed v 1.6.5.135, supposedly, but checking now after more crashses, it shows 1.10.0.1127😜

So, I just went in and turned off OpenCL acceleration. I'll post back how it goes.

Thanks for the replies folks.