You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Persona > Export Options Tab > Mode: Defaults - does not update with preset selection.

Walt T.

Hello, not 100% certain this is a bug, but its behavior I wasn't expecting.

In Export Persona > Export Options tab > Mode set to Default - when choosing an option from the Preset dropdown, the parameters below do not update to show those belonging to that preset.  They remain unchanged.  For example, in the screenshot I've changed the Preset from EPS to JPEG, but the parameter options (including checkboxes and postscript which do not apply to JPEG) still remain.

If I toggle modes from Defaults to Selection and then return to Defaults, it seems to load the selected preset's parameters.  This is what led me to believe this is not behaving as intended.

Thank you,

Walt

Affinity Designer: 1.10.4.1198 (in trial)
Windows 10 64bit, ver. 21H2, OS 19044.1347, Exp Pack 120.2212.3920.0
I did try searching the forum before posting :)

Capture.PNG

Edited by Walt T.

I could be wrong but I have always thought that the Defaults button was there simply to show me the Default Settings for the various Presets. Not to change the selected Slice's export in any way. In other words it is there to make changes to a Preset's Default settings. I guess I could use that button and then perhaps my selected slice would be changed when I select that defaults altered preset in the Selection Tab. But I am not up to testing out that theory.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Bruce,

I'm going to clarify because I believe you've misunderstood the issue, and I want to ensure that dev understands.

Based on my intuition and understanding, I agree with you that the Defaults tab settings should be the defaults for the presets being selected when in Designer Persona and navigating to File Menu > Export > then choose that Preset Name.  That's what I've noted in my limited experience using this application.

The issue I am trying to describe is:  in Designer Persona, where you view and edit these Preset's defaults, the fields do not refresh to show the relevant options for the file format selected.  JPEG and EPS are two completely different "File Formats."  The parameters for how these two different file formats can be configured for the export are entirely different.  Here are two separate screenshots to show what my experience tells me should properly be displayed when changing the upper Preset dropdown menu.

I hope this helps everyone understand my intention better.

capture2.png.2c38f4be79cedcabe7502f8db4c3c6cd.png 

capture3.png.54b51dc477d1d2a1c436d01568f9e907.png

Not sure why you want to do what you are doing. Changing the output to SVG for a Preset named JPEG. Having said that I find that if I set up the Defaults for a new Preset everything changes as I go through the File Format: fields. I guess there is something wrong with what you have going on. 

I am curious as to what you are trying to do. Make a new Preset with your own defaults, or edit the defaults of an already existing preset? I suspect the latter is not possible and you would need to make a new Preset.

I think the name of the Preset should go blank when you alter anything below it. So something is wrong at your end.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
On 12/13/2021 at 4:40 AM, Walt T. said:

The issue I am trying to describe is:  in Designer Persona, where you view and edit these Preset's defaults, the fields do not refresh to show the relevant options for the file format selected.  JPEG and EPS are two completely different "File Formats."  The parameters for how these two different file formats can be configured for the export are entirely different.  Here are two separate screenshots to show what my experience tells me should properly be displayed when changing the upper Preset dropdown menu.

Thanks for report this. We already have this logged with the Dev team :) 

I've updated the report with a link back to this thread, so we can update here when its resolved.

• 1 year later...