You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Having been using Affinity Photo for nearly a year now I wonder why the same complaint is prevalent. There are so many comments of 'AP is great but' the but referring to the fact that RAW development is destructive. At first it didn't bother me but now I find there are more and more times I would like to go back and tweak my initial raw development but I have to return to the RAW file and start from scratch. I used to hate PS's sidecar file but now realise it's benefit.

How hard would it be to implement non-destructive RAW adjustment? This would make it easy to copy the RAW adjustments from one edit and paste in to many files speeding up workflow. From comments I have seen there are many people who will not use AP purely because of this 'issue'.

I am looking at another program that has a far better 'RAW' development tool but sadly lacks on the photo editing side as, among other things, it does not support layers.

IMHO AP comes second to PS but only because RAW development is destructive, fix that and AP would be number 1.

I share your request, but doubt that this will happen anytime soon. it has been requested before.

It would increase your chances to be realized if you simply add your vote to the existing threads,

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&q=non destructive RAW&quick=1

Another advise:

Limit editing in Develop Persona to the absolute minimum (basic exposure / highlight / shadow, lens correction, CA). Then switch to Photo Persona, almost everything can be done there non-destructive.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.