You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colors looking off/yellowish in secondary monitor

Hello there! I found out that whites look off in my secondary monitor which is Benq VZ2250.

My device specs are: Windows 11 version 21H2 build 22000.318, Intel i7 - 10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX350 (with updated drivers)

My Monitor: Benq VZ2250 as I mentioned earlier.

Here is the issue:

image.thumb.png.b4bd2e27c627ba4ee9c59fd341468cce.png

The yellow colored rectangle is actually a pure white rectangle. The blue-grey rectangle is actually only blue without any black component.

The weird part is. if I move this to my primary display which is my laptop screen, the above magically turns into:

image.thumb.png.40709fb8452cd54b6ea72962f791eece.png

If I switch from extend display to secondary display only, this happens:

image.thumb.png.e9902c1782f2c4ada9fd1e742a388b21.png

Where even the original whites in color palette also become yellowish.

I've tried the same with another laptop and I remember the same happening with it as well.

I don't understand the problem here. Is it my secondary monitor? Is it my laptop? or is it because of affinity?

It is worthy to note that this wasn't happening in 1.10.x (until the recent release) and 1.9.x I remember this issue happening in my previous laptop until 1.8.x/1.7.x or something, I don't exactly remember. Also, the same happens in all affinity apps but doesn't happen in Adobe suite.

How could I solve this? I would appreciate if someone could help me out here :). Thanks in advance!

You need to adjust your external screen. There are a few devices for it. But this cost quite a bit. Is you can adjust the y.color manually, you can change it to more equal. Every monitor of a brand have different color specs. You could try to change the color profile of the external monitor in settings of windows. But be ware, your laptop screen could shown not the right colors. Studios calibrating their screens every week, or even every day. I use a Mac and datacolor calibration. For Windows I found this:

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/using-icc-profiles-in-windows/

44 minutes ago, pruus said:

You need to adjust your external screen.

Thanks for Responding :)

Tried the same thing that is said in that link and like you warned, the color profile of my laptop screen got changed as well which was pretty annoying and sort of undoable.

What I donot understand is that this behaviour is only within affinity apps and no other apps (for example, adobe suite is perfectly fine)! So even if I calibrate with a device or with the color profile, that could change how the same colors look in other apps isn't it?! If yes, I donot want that!

It could be that the benq montior is already using a custom profile, there are types (which are perfectly valid profiles) that Affinity has this issue with.

Check the colour settings to see if your monitor already has a profile associated, if it does change it to the sRGB default system one.